Reading/Leeds Festival Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey, who is going to reading or leeds and who for?

im going on friday for blink, linkinpark, lessthanjake, bowlingforsoup, finch.. more when i think of them!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

im going on friday for blink, linkinpark, lessthanjake, bowlingforsoup, finch.. more when i think of them!
Yeh, i am going this Friday, do u know where it is ?? and what train station is near???, are u going from London?
Ollie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
Yeh, i am going this Friday, do u know where it is ?? and what train station is near???, are u going from London?
its accesible from reading station i believe, no, im not going from london, guildford. who u going for?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
loads of my friends are going...but i cant cos its my 18th birthday!!!

but they'll scream for me...and were gonna have a pretend reding when they get back on monday in my mates garden!

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i am going for Blink 182, my fav' band!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

You should ge going for The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Primal Scream, Elbow, Interpol, Squarepusher, Amon Tobin, British Sea Power, Beck, Grandaddy, The Cooper Temple Clause et al.
onlywee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For the Reading Festival:

Go to Reading Station, go out the main entrance and walk straight on passed all the bus stops. Carry on walking forward til you get to the main road. Turn right. Carry on walking down there (towards Caversham), you will see absololutely LOADS of beer sellers and ticket touters, just carry on walking and you can follow the crowd from there.

It's only about 10mins walk in total.

I'm not going but i live in Reading!!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onlywee)
For the Reading Festival:

Go to Reading Station, go out the main entrance and walk straight on passed all the bus stops. Carry on walking forward til you get to the main road. Turn right. Carry on walking down there (towards Caversham), you will see absololutely LOADS of beer sellers and ticket touters, just carry on walking and you can follow the crowd from there.

It's only about 10mins walk in total.

I'm not going but i live in Reading!!
I don't need to go - I just go round my firends house and can hear the whole thing!!!

In fact, if its still enough at night we can hear it from our house. A couple of years ago we were treated to the delights of Eminem loudly and clearly!!!

And for anyone who gets lost - just find someone with brightly coloured hair and follow them!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Obviously if you are going for one day, it should be sunday. With;

Metallica
System of a Down

Nothing else is worth seeing.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just a quick word of warning for anyone going today or at the weekend;

Be aware that there are NO Great Western trains between Paddington and Reading as the line is shut for repair work (great timing too). Instead I think Thames Trains are running extra services (or doubling the amount of carriges - one or the other) from Waterloo.

I have to leave for work half an hour earlier tyhan normal today because of the traffic <gets annoyed at Reading traffic system> oh well can't be helped.
elisabeth_rb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
No offence anyone, but PLEASE don't come to Leeds. I live there and these events are truly awful for the locals..... Don't forget to treat others' frotn gardens as you would like them to treat yours......
onlywee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went into town today (reading) to get passport pics etc...i love the atmosphere of the festival, it rocks!!! unfortunately i was too poor a few months ago to buy a ticket, but i know what i'm spending my student loan on now!
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onlywee)
I went into town today (reading) to get passport pics etc...i love the atmosphere of the festival, it rocks!!! unfortunately i was too poor a few months ago to buy a ticket, but i know what i'm spending my student loan on now!
Hehe we had hoards of fesitval goers come into John Lewis (where I work) today to use our toilets cos apparently they are nice!!! Now all our customers are afraid to use them!!!
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elisabeth_rb)
No offence anyone, but PLEASE don't come to Leeds. I live there and these events are truly awful for the locals..... Don't forget to treat others' frotn gardens as you would like them to treat yours......
The festival has only been at Leeds for live 4 years - we've had it far longer. And its not that bad, just a few smelly people wandering about town. They never really cause much bother. Leeds must attract all the rough people if you say its that bad cos we don't get that down here...
elisabeth_rb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
The festival has only been at Leeds for live 4 years - we've had it far longer. And its not that bad, just a few smelly people wandering about town. They never really cause much bother. Leeds must attract all the rough people if you say its that bad cos we don't get that down here...
Massively clogged up public transport and people behaving less than acceptably on it. Unheard of amounts of rubbish all over the place. Noise pollution in the neighbourhood.

Maybe we do get the bad end of the scale but concerts and the like are always dreaded by the locals. Could be worse. Glad I don't live in Iraq!!
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i also have lots of mates going down, i will hear from them on monday no doubt.

Ad
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am got home from the Reading festival with my best mate, and what an awesome day it was. My highlight of the day, has to be the performance of blink 182, i went near the front, so i can see them closer, but how wrong was i, 10 mins into their singing, and i was sufficating and could hardly breath, because of posh ***** pushing and crowd surfing, i though i was gonna faint, i went back further which was also blooding mayhem, and still pushing, but not as bad.
Also, what the hell was going on with the bottle fights, jeez these people are so immature. Anyway, hope everyone who went there enjoy it, i got loads of pictures taken, so i will tried and post it here.

Anyone PEACE OUT, night night and its time to hit the sheets, OH YEAH
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I am got home from the Reading festival with my best mate, and what an awesome day it was. My highlight of the day, has to be the performance of blink 182, i went near the front, so i can see them closer, but how wrong was i, 10 mins into their singing, and i was sufficating and could hardly breath, because of posh ***** pushing and crowd surfing, i though i was gonna faint, i went back further which was also blooding mayhem, and still pushing, but not as bad.
Also, what the hell was going on with the bottle fights, jeez these people are so immature. Anyway, hope everyone who went there enjoy it, i got loads of pictures taken, so i will tried and post it here.

Anyone PEACE OUT, night night and its time to hit the sheets, OH YEAH
I can hear the Festival from my back garden now and I live miles away!!! Dunno who's on though, its not quite clear enough to tell.
Ollie
Rep:
?
ollies thougts on:

the crowds: yeah, the crowds were crazy, especesialy for less than jake and blink. we were about half way between the sound tower and the stage for blink and closer for less than jake- it was absolutly crazy- really packed! when blink started with their first song, there were loads of people who wanted to get further back -fast!

the bottles: lol, that was funny, for ppl who wernt there, b4 blink played, everyone and i mean everyone was chucking bottles around- the air was thick with them! i had to try to keep them from hitting myself and my gf!

blink: despite leekey having a healthy dislike for blink- i am afraid that they did play excellently, they really were great. the song choices were a little odd! but all the same they really were great!

less than jake: the other stand out band, started with gainsville rock city and just kept on going- blood fantastic. the crowds were especially violent here!

linkin park: saw this froma way back but their set looked great and they did sound very impressive, not my usual thing but sounded good!

bowling for soup: great fun! i thought they played really well. crowd was clam and everyone was layed back!

placebo: i dont really like placebo, but the songs i recongnised were very good.

alien ant farm: really dissapointing, everyone waited around for ages to hear movies and smooth criminal, and then left!

darkness: only saw the very end but they sounded great and were funny too!

finch: ok, but why on earth didnt they play letters to you??!?!

inme: missed them, didnt play very well apparently

staind: played well considering that all their electric guitars/basses wernt working, they cut out halfway through the second song. they played the rest accoustic.

the organisation: not bad although it was a nightmare getting in-huuuuuggggeeeee q's!

i wanna hear from people who have seen/will see:
pennywise
lagwagon
ataris
alkaline trio
madcaddies
king prawn
sum41
all american rejects
sugar cult
used
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
[U][B]

i wanna hear from people who have seen/will see:
pennywise
lagwagon
ataris
alkaline trio
madcaddies
king prawn
sum41
all american rejects
sugar cult
used
You have cool taste, but where is AFI? They are best band in the line-up!

I have seen pennywise and the ataris a few times, and will hopefully see alkaline trio at rock-city the week before uni.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%