Reading/Leeds Festival Watch

This discussion is closed.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Leekey's Thoughts

Line-Up

I have an intense dislike for almost all the lineup (this should not be a suprise to most of you)!!! The only bands I can say that I would have like to have seen (that you saw Ollie) were Placebo and Staind. Did Placebo play Every You & Every Me or Teenage Angst?? If they did then it may have been worth the trip.......

I really don't understand this rage about The Darkness being the saviours of British music, anyone care to explain it to me??? :confused:

Closing Thoughts

Glad I saved my cash and I will be doing the ususal tour of the country in November chasing The Manics (assuming they sort out a few venues). Still a bit bitter about not getting tickets for MOVE but ohh well.....

Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Dam)
You have cool taste, but where is AFI? They are best band in the line-up!

I have seen pennywise and the ataris a few times, and will hopefully see alkaline trio at rock-city the week before uni.
thanx! i might buy tickets for muse- u no they are playing exeter in october. not my usual thing but i have both albums and wouldnt mind seeing them.

afi? im not so keen, girl not grey is amazing but aprt from that i find them alittle heavy.

id love to see the ataris, when i say i wanna hear from ppl who will see these bands i meen at reading and leads,

the best bands ive ever seen live are blink, sum41, lessthanjake, and bosstones.

im a fan of punk/ska-punk/punk-rock etc
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
Leekey's Thoughts

Line-Up

I have an intense dislike for almost all the lineup (this should not be a suprise to most of you)!!! The only bands I can say that I would have like to have seen (that you saw Ollie) were Placebo and Staind. Did Placebo play Every You & Every Me or Teenage Angst?? If they did then it may have been worth the trip.......

I really don't understand this rage about The Darkness being the saviours of British music, anyone care to explain it to me??? :confused:

I like placebo, and agree with you about british music, but staind? They are so ****e!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Leekey's Thoughts

Line-Up

Closing Thoughts

Glad I saved my cash and I will be doing the ususal tour of the country in November chasing The Manics (assuming they sort out a few venues). Still a bit bitter about not getting tickets for MOVE but ohh well.....

yes they did play those songs, they weere good. as i said staid was a bit difficult due to technical reasons.

no, im not so big on darkness but they are quet funny

will we ever agree on music leekey?
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
thanx! i might buy tickets for muse- u no they are playing exeter in october. not my usual thing but i have both albums and wouldnt mind seeing them.

afi? im not so keen, girl not grey is amazing but aprt from that i find them alittle heavy.

id love to see the ataris, when i say i wanna hear from ppl who will see these bands i meen at reading and leads,

the best bands ive ever seen live are blink, sum41, lessthanjake, and bosstones.

im a fan of punk/ska-punk/punk-rock etc
Yeah I knew you meant at reading/leeds, but thought I would chip in anyway!

My fave bands are the Vandals and AFI. AFI's new album sing the sorrow is not at all heavy compared to their old stuff. Have you heard it?
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dam)
I like placebo, and agree with you about british music, but staind? They are so ****e!

Before they went TERRIBLY commercial with Break The Cycle, I actually liked them. I remeber first hearing dysfunctional and thinking that they could go somewhere but they decided that Fred Durst should be thier best friend and since then I really lost interest. They still give a good live performance though!!!

Best Live Bands I've Seen (Some I don't actually like but was dragged along by friends)!!!

Interpol
British Sea Power
The Manics (Cardiff is still the greatest gig ever!!!)
The Phonics
The Music
Idlewild
REM

PS - We will never agree on music (I will ensure it)!!!!

PSS - Muse weren't that good live when I last saw them, although Im not a big fan.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Before they went TERRIBLY commercial with Break The Cycle, I actually liked them. I remeber first hearing dysfunctional and thinking that they could go somewhere but they decided that Fred Durst should be thier best friend and since then I really lost interest. They still give a good live performance though!!!

Best Live Bands I've Seen (Some I don't actually like but was dragged along by friends)!!!

Interpol
British Sea Power
The Manics (Cardiff is still the greatest gig ever!!!)
The Phonics
The Music
Idlewild
REM

PS - We will never agree on music (I will ensure it)!!!!

PSS - Muse weren't that good live when I last saw them, although Im not a big fan.

Interpol, REM, The Music and Idlewild are all top bands, The Music especially are fantastic live. But the Stereophonics - are you joking?!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Interpol, REM, The Music and Idlewild are all top bands, The Music especially are fantastic live. But the Stereophonics - are you joking?!
I actually really like the phonics!!! They do give a great live performance occasionally, I have seen them play 4 times and 2 of them have been awesome, the other 2 sounded like Kelly Jones had a bunged up nose...
Ollie
Rep:
?
a few of my fav bands (ones that are well known) are; in no real order

all american rejects
ataris
alkaline trio
blink182
newfoundglory
sum41
reelbigfish
lessthanjake
catch 22
feeder
greenday
bosstones
nodoubt
rhcp
save ferris
vandels

hey if anyone here likes ska-punk then can i ask you to download any stuff you can find by duff muffin on mp3.com. they are a really great local ska band from my school, getting resonably well known

ps. interpol were there yesterday, didnt see them playing, just signing
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I actually really like the phonics!!! They do give a great live performance occasionally, I have seen them play 4 times and 2 of them have been awesome, the other 2 sounded like Kelly Jones had a bunged up nose...

sorry but i've never seen a more boring, dire gig in my life. I went with my friend once and it was like watching 4 dead turds. They don't DO anything!!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
a few of my fav bands (ones that are well known) are; in no real order

all american rejects
ataris
alkaline trio
blink182
newfoundglory
sum41
reelbigfish
lessthanjake
catch 22
feeder
greenday
bosstones
nodoubt
rhcp
save ferris
vandels

hey if anyone here likes ska-punk then can i ask you to download any stuff you can find by duff muffin on mp3.com. they are a really great local ska band from my school, getting resonably well known

ps. interpol were there yesterday, didnt see them playing, just signing
For anyone who values there sanity and musical taste, please ignore every band in the above list with the obvious exception of Feeder!!! I will let Alkaline Trio go because Kelli likes them a bit and Private Eye wasn't actually too bad but I dislike the others quite a bit (will tolerate early RHCP but not newer stuff)!!!

I think Green Day stopped being a punk band when thier gigs started filling out with people under 4" 2' tall...
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
sorry but i've never seen a more boring, dire gig in my life. I went with my friend once and it was like watching 4 dead turds. They don't DO anything!!

You are aware that there are only 3 people in the Stereophonics???
Ollie
Rep:
?
are there not 3??!

oh and ignore leekey's taste! lol, we wll never agree.... ever!

i agree about green day
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You are aware that there are only 3 people in the Stereophonics???
lol, sorry 3 dead turds then. i stopped paying attention after the first 10 minutes. they really were pretty bad. i like my bands to be a bit intersting on stage.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Good example: the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Ollie
Rep:
?
ok, maybe i missed a few, yes i quiet like the yeah yeah yeahs
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
The YYY's absolutely rock - everyone should go see them to see how a proper gig is done.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

OMG Ollie and I have a band we AGREE on!!! I will alert the media ASAP!!!
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I think Green Day stopped being a punk band when thier gigs started filling out with people under 4" 2' tall...
Yaeh but that is because times have chaged and 'punk' is cool for ten year olds these days. When I first started going to gigs I was 15 and about the youngest person there. Now at 21 I feel like the oldest!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Best band I have ever seen live - the Red Hot Chili Peppers, last week at V Festival. Admittedly, I haven't seen a great deal of bands live, but with the Chili's you couldn't not think they were fantastic. they have such a good stage presence. And they took the mickout of Underworld (who were playing on the next stage) by doing a 'disco' song for all of us on the left of the stage who could here the thud of the bass from the other stage. Anthony Kiedis' disco dancing was hilarious!!!

I love the Phonics as well, but I definately prefered the first 2 albums to the last 2. I would definitely not pass up and opportunity to see them live!!!

As for the Darkness, I don't see what they're about really. The bloke singer must have been castrated to get his voice that high. They are playing in October at my uni, but they're already sold out!!! Such a great shame...
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.66%
Excited (154)
9.11%
Worried (303)
17.92%
Terrified (376)
22.24%
Meh (162)
9.58%
Confused (37)
2.19%