Turn on thread page Beta

Reading/Leeds Festival watch

Announcements

(Original post by Dam)
    Yaeh but that is because times have chaged and 'punk' is cool for ten year olds these days. When I first started going to gigs I was 15 and about the youngest person there. Now at 21 I feel like the oldest!
    Punk is "cool" nowadays because people think that they should like it because its alternative. I would suggest that Blink are about as alternative as Westlife but that just me.......

I really wish someone would play real punk music again...I wouldn't mind if they just did Clash covers but for god sake, I can't take these useless American "rockstars" / "punk-rockers" singing about total shite that has no relevance whatsoever anymore!!! :mad:

Word Gets Around was the best Phonics album by a LOOONG way!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Word Gets Around was the best Phonics album by a LOOONG way!!!
    Indeed I agree!!! Perfomance and Cocktails was very good as well, then J.E.E.P got boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Indeed I agree!!! Perfomance and Cocktails was very good as well, then J.E.E.P got boring.
    yep, i brought the first two, word gets around was areally amzing album, kinda went downhill after p&c tho.

im not so into blinks recent stuff but their older albums (chesire cat and dude ranch) were great. luckily they played alot of it last nite.

ReputationRep:
    i think the best gig i've been to was the lostprophets at manchester academy- i love the way that place is so small. ths lps were really energetic and it was jus amazing. me + my mate even managed to meet them and gets photos and stuff signed before+ during the gig we got dead close.

i wanted to go to leeds to see them + everyone else because the line-up was jus so perfect but i had no money and my evil evil boss wouldn't let me have more time off work anyway. actually considering the lostprophets pulled out i'd have been well p***ed off if i had gone (buit i could have forced myself to have fun. lol)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    ive posted the 1st 2 reading photos on our site, more to come (possibly)

www.ollieandkatie.co.uk

what do u think??

The best bands I have seen live are;

Metallica
    System of a Down
    Rammstein
    Tool
    RHCP
    REM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    The best bands I have seen live are;

Metallica
    System of a Down
    Rammstein
    Tool
    RHCP
    REM
    cant beat a bit of ska or punk live im afraid! pure fun!

Damn I wanted to go to Reading but unfortunately I am a broke Muthaf**ker without rich parents plus its my own fault cos I really couldnt be arsed to get a job. Oh well - there is nxt year I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Damn I wanted to go to Reading but unfortunately I am a broke Muthaf**ker without rich parents plus its my own fault cos I really couldnt be arsed to get a job. Oh well - there is nxt year I hope!
    u missed out! im seriously considering splashing out £100 for the weekend next year. it was so good on friday.

p.s i payed it all my self-no rich parents here either!

(Original post by Ollie)
    cant beat a bit of ska or punk live im afraid! pure fun!
    Oh.. no. You're missing out out hardcore entertainment with Metal, my friend. Nothing can beat the pure adrenaline of a metal moshpit. Although punk/ska isn't a bad alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Oh.. no. You're missing out out hardcore entertainment with Metal, my friend. Nothing can beat the pure adrenaline of a metal moshpit. Although punk/ska isn't a bad alternative.
    Well with System and Metallica on this evening I think its gonna be quite a dangerous place in the moshpit tonight!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well with System and Metallica on this evening I think its gonna be quite a dangerous place in the moshpit tonight!!!
    at leeds they had to stop it for a while while they put back the barrier, removed injured ppl etc during system.

dunno how violent that will be but less than jake and blink were crazy! loadsa ppl moved back during the 1st song of blink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    at leeds they had to stop it for a while while they put back the barrier, removed injured ppl etc during system.

dunno how violent that will be but less than jake and blink were crazy! loadsa ppl moved back during the 1st song of blink
    My younger bro is there tonight and i'm quite worried really cos he text me earlier to say he was in the pit (though don't know who for). I was at V last week and people were going forward rather than back!!!

ReputationRep:
    My younger bro is there tonight and i'm quite worried really cos he text me earlier to say he was in the pit (though don't know who for). I was at V last week and people were going forward rather than back!!!
    yep, loadsa ppl surged forward during the 1st song by blink and then loads moved away cos they couldnt handle it.- it was pretty hardcore. we were quite close, it was really squashed!

ReputationRep:
    My lord, I feel old but it's so loud! I didn't know where all the noise was coming from last night until it dawned on me that it was actually Blur I could hear through my bedroom window!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    My lord, I feel old but it's so loud! I didn't know where all the noise was coming from last night until it dawned on me that it was actually Blur I could hear through my bedroom window!
    Yep I could distinctly hear Parklife!!! And I could hear System earlier this evening as well. Funny really, on Friday I hardly heard anything. They seem to be turning up the volume everyday!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I could distinctly hear Parklife!!! And I could hear System earlier this evening as well. Funny really, on Friday I hardly heard anything. They seem to be turning up the volume everyday!!
    yeah i thought it was a little quiet on friday

ppl singing were louder than the bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yeah i thought it was a little quiet on friday

ppl singing were louder than the bands
    But yesterday for Parklife (I think it must've been the encore cos it was quite late) I'm sure I could hear the crowd as well, singing along!!! I can hear Metallica at the moment I think - it must be them cos its just a noise with no tune to it!!!

ReputationRep:
    But yesterday for Parklife (I think it must've been the encore cos it was quite late) I'm sure I could hear the crowd as well, singing along!!! I can hear Metallica at the moment I think - it must be them cos its just a noise with no tune to it!!!
    sounds like the deffinetion of metalica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    sounds like the deffinetion of metalica
    indeed it is!!! I suppose they have to have the music up that loud though cos they are so ancient they can't hear what they are singing to otherwise!!!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.