Turn on thread page Beta

Reading/Leeds Festival watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    indeed it is!!! I suppose they have to have the music up that loud though cos they are so ancient they can't hear what they are singing to otherwise!!!
    have u heard the new song?? its so awfull, how many times can u fit in a change of tempo in a song! its soooo bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    have u heard the new song?? its so awfull, how many times can u fit in a change of tempo in a song! its soooo bad!
    And all they do is randomly on their instruments!!! Its just noise!!! I could play the drums better - at least I could make a proper rhythm - the drummer just hits them as much as he can!!!

ReputationRep:
    And all they do is randomly on their instruments!!! Its just noise!!! I could play the drums better - at least I could make a proper rhythm - the drummer just hits them as much as he can!!!
    so what u like? who would u have seen at reading?

You guys just like Punk then? Kinda sweet...

Too bad you can;t pay respect to the Kings of Rock that are Metallica. I could talk about Blink 182 being crappy commercial rock, but I don't because; A) I understand that people have different tastes in music B) at least it isn't R n B / Dance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    so what u like? who would u have seen at reading?
    Well the Chilis are my favourite band. I'm more into the indie stuff really. I would have liked to go to V for the whole weekend, but I wasn't allowed the Saturday off work (damn them!). I dunno who I would have liked to see at Reading. Probably Blur, Placebo (though not really a big fan of theirs, just like a few of their songs), Bowling for Soup would probably be good fun, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, the Thrills, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the White Stripes (except they pulled out). So not really worth me paying £100 for the whole weekend!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)

Too bad you can;t pay respect to the Kings of Rock that are Metallica. I could talk about Blink 182 being crappy commercial rock, but I don't because; A) I understand that people have different tastes in music B) at least it isn't R n B / Dance
    Ok I agree with point B!!! I know that people have different tastes, but I just really don't see how Metallica are huge. It doesn't mean I don't like people who are into those bands. And if you think about it, lots of bands could be classed as commercial nowadays, but they make more money that way!!!

Ok I agree with point B!!! I know that people have different tastes, but I just really don't see how Metallica are huge. It doesn't mean I don't like people who are into those bands. And if you think about it, lots of bands could be classed as commercial nowadays, but they make more money that way!!!
    Metallica are huge due to the rawness of their sound. You are really like Metallica is you are into metal, so I understand why you don't. There are bands that are commercial because they are new/original and then there are commercial bands that make music that they think will sell to the masses. Usually the first one leads to the second!

ReputationRep:
    There are bands that are commercial because they are new/original and then there are commercial bands that make music that they think will sell to the masses. Usually the first one leads to the second!
    It does indeed!!! But its still so they can make their millions!!!

ReputationRep:
    It does indeed!!! But its still so they can make their millions!!!
    i do have respect for most music, metalica included.

i have little respect for rnb etc

blink are good cos they are so fun. if u listen to the old style of blink 5 years ago, they really are great!

The thing which I love about Metallica is that they have always stayed true to their original style and haven't "sold-out" (maybe their new album is different), and this is why they are so huge. People won't look back in years and remember Linkin Park, Blink 182, Papa Roach... etc because they are one-offs.

ReputationRep:
    The thing which I love about Metallica is that they have always stayed true to their original style and haven't "sold-out" (maybe their new album is different), and this is why they are so huge. People won't look back in years and remember Linkin Park, Blink 182, Papa Roach... etc because they are one-offs.
    well I am gonna leave the debate here cos it could go on for hours so i am gonna go to bed and listen to the noise from there!!!

In response to point A - you are wrong!!! My taste in music is the only taste worth having. Very fascist of me but....

I take your point about RnB being total s**t but Dance music serves a great purpose!!! Have you ever tried dancing with anyone when you are both too drunk to see???.....the music contributes to the comedy value!!

well I am gonna leave the debate here cos it could go on for hours so i am gonna go to bed and listen to the noise from there!!!
    Noise is unwanted sound. If Metallica are playing in front of thousands of people, I doubt it is "noise".

(Original post by Leekey)
    I take your point about RnB being total s**t but Dance music serves a great purpose!!! Have you ever tried dancing with anyone when you are both too drunk to see???.....the music contributes to the comedy value!!
    Dance reminds me of hangovers and... euhm... regrets.

ReputationRep:
    Noise is unwanted sound. If Metallica are playing in front of thousands of people, I doubt it is "noise".

Well, it pretty much 'noise' to us then, seeing as we're not in the audience and can hear it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    Well, it pretty much 'noise' to us then, seeing as we're not in the audience and can hear it anyway.
    Agreed!!! Where abouts do you live Grotbag?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed!!! Where abouts do you live Grotbag?
    A rather cesspit-esque area of Reading. But at least it's not Whitley.
    You?
    I'm wondering when the best time to venture back into the town is now that the festival is over - wish I'd got off my backside and done it over the weekend. Typical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    A rather cesspit-esque area of Reading. But at least it's not Whitley.
    You?
    I'm wondering when the best time to venture back into the town is now that the festival is over - wish I'd got off my backside and done it over the weekend. Typical!
    Calcot - they've all been up at the Savacentre waiting for coaches home today - not a pleasant site for anyone just coming into Reading really!!! I went into town yesterday to do some Uni shopping and it was absolutely dead in there!!! I also work on Saturdays, and apart from first thing in the morning when they all come to have a wash in clean toilets, it was dead then as well!!!

ReputationRep:
    Calcot - they've all been up at the Savacentre waiting for coaches home today - not a pleasant site for anyone just coming into Reading really!!! I went into town yesterday to do some Uni shopping and it was absolutely dead in there!!! I also work on Saturdays, and apart from first thing in the morning when they all come to have a wash in clean toilets, it was dead then as well!!!
    aparently someone died at reading festival today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    aparently someone died at reading festival today.
    Really? Oh dear thats not good. Was it from drugs or something?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.