The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Chicken
Really? Oh dear thats not good. Was it from drugs or something?

unexplained but not suspicious

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/08/25/uread.xml&sSheet=/portal/2003/08/25/ixportaltop.html

weird hey. poor guy, hes only 18
Reply 81

Thats really sad. His family won't get their son back. And he's only our age.
Reply 82
I came back from leeds festival yesterday, going from Thurs morning till monday afternoon(mofo cues!) I went to reading last year, but alas it was sold out this year., although leeds was ok but sucked on the transport front. I saw alot of radio 1 music, as i prefer it and its alot more personal then the main stage. Some of the bands i saw were kinesis,serafin,radio4,80 b-line matchbox disastor,hell is for heroes,grandaddy,har mar superstar,yeah yeah yeahs ,the music,interpol,polyphonics spree,the kills,bowling for soup,mull historical society etc etc. Har mar is a legend!!

The best bands performance wise, in terms of enjoyment was the spree, last year they were in the carling tent and no crowd really due the strokes clashing with it, and they were greeeeeat! This year seemed everyone jumped on the bandwagon and it was packed, still got to the front tho and its such a great atmosphere! The best music was probably bands like interpol, the mull historical society,kinesis,brmc,placebo,the music. The biggest shit band of the festival has to be the used lol and possible the libertines without the main man. Oh the darkness suck imo, flash in the pan gone without a trace by xmas....
Security was a git last night, every 30 yards gang of security!Met loads of great ppl,alot of good music,good random festival purchases,no sleep and alot of booze! Great festival!!
hah i got my coach to calcot and used the loos in john lewis and m&s, sorry to all the locals! reading seemed like a pretty nice place, the riverside food area was lovely.

best bands were: metallica!, placebo, elbow, sugarcult and hell is for heroes imo.

how annoying was all the "118" and "bollocks" shouting though?
Reply 84
Has anyone seen the review in the telegraph of Leeds? he absalutely slated the whole weekend and basically said everyone was rubbish.

i'll see if i can find it on their website + i'll post a link.

lou xxx
Reply 85
lou p
Has anyone seen the review in the telegraph of Leeds? he absalutely slated the whole weekend and basically said everyone was rubbish.

i'll see if i can find it on their website + i'll post a link.

lou xxx

i found it- it was Reading not Leeds that he reviewed (it's hard to remember stuff you read this morning.lol).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=%2Farts%2F2003%2F08%2F26%2Fbmap26.xml

good reading! (no pun intended- honest)

lou xxx
Reply 86
lou p
i found it- it was Reading not Leeds that he reviewed (it's hard to remember stuff you read this morning.lol).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=%2Farts%2F2003%2F08%2F26%2Fbmap26.xml

good reading! (no pun intended- honest)

lou xxx

I agree with some of that tho,the main stage(US rock) was crap. The radio1 tent and carling tent was where it was at!Although i dont agree brmc "struggled" but the libertines were a big disappointment.
the "Bollocks" shit is crap now, same with the "Ave it" and the new 118 - got ure number and shamooon motherfucker. Its funny about once then the novelty has worn thin. But u can always say random shit like "power rangers" or "checkmateeee" to spice things up.
Reply 87
Unregistered
hah i got my coach to calcot and used the loos in john lewis and m&s, sorry to all the locals! reading seemed like a pretty nice place, the riverside food area was lovely.

best bands were: metallica!, placebo, elbow, sugarcult and hell is for heroes imo.

how annoying was all the "118" and "bollocks" shouting though?

How dare you use the loo in John Lewis??? Just kidding!!! I work there, and one of my friends had to take some poor kid up to the staff toilets cos he was too afraid to use the normal ones because of all the festival people in there!!!
Reply 88
There were so many stunning performances at Leeds:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Grandaddy
The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster
Elbow
Interpol
Death In Vegas
Blur
Beck
The Libertines
The Cooper Temple Clause

Lots of clashes as well - I missed Primal Scream, Blackalicious, Squarepusher, The Mars Volta, Amon Tobin and lots more. Definitely worth £100.

Why have we started to bash dance, R'n'B and hip-hop? I don't understand.
I've seen them:
King Prawn - OK
Sum 41 - Pretty Good
The All American Rejects - Bad
Sugar Cult - Bad
The Used - Good
Reading isn't a festival - it's a gig in a carpark.

The only true festival is Glastonbury...were you can have a fantastic festival experience without seeing a single music act.
Pencil Queen
Reading isn't a festival - it's a gig in a carpark.

The only true festival is Glastonbury...were you can have a fantastic festival experience without seeing a single music act.

never been have you?
sorry for upping the thread, didn't realise it was that old and i came across it searching for the Ataris

this year will be my 3rd Reading Festival :cool:
Got my tickets for 2004, you can pre book them from firstcalltickets.com, better get them now that wait until they are officially released in April, as they sell out very quickly than, go buy now.
wiffmaster
Got my tickets for 2004, you can pre book them from firstcalltickets.com, better get them now that wait until they are officially released in April, as they sell out very quickly than, go buy now.

not sure if i trust these early releases

i will buy mine in April

Latest