First tattoo spanish

Watch
tsalier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Looking for all spanish speakers!! I'm thinking of getting a first tattoo and want a phrase written in spanish, I'm not completely fluent in spanish so i need someone to confirm what sentence translates the best.
I want the quote 'Turn the pain into power'
Which of these is the right translation? Or is there a better translation. Thanks x
-Convierte el dolor en poder
-Convertir el dolor en poder
Fireandvodka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay I think I can help, I’ve been studying Spanish for about 7 years now. So I’m gonna try how the translation works, because it could change based on the grammar. If you wanted to say the word “turn” in the imperative(telling someone what to fo like “look” “stop”) we put the endings so it would be “convierte el dolor en poder”- this is used to tell 1st person singular to turn pain into powerHowever another translation you could use is using Se Pasiva which basically translates more to like - pain turns into power” Which would be “Se convierte el dolor en poder”I’m not a native but I think these would be okay, my class mate had a tattoo that says “break the barrier” - “ROMPIERA LA BARRERA” I think tattoos in other languages and really nice, especially Spanish, good luck with the tattoo and I hope I helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (55)
61.8%
No (18)
20.22%
Not sure (16)
17.98%

Watched Threads