The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

17 but mistaken for 12 or 14
Original post by UWS
That's the beauty of being Chinese :mmm:

It reminds me of this :lol:

So funny it is, it is the truth. Know a Chinese who has an adult son and a daughter in teen age, she has to be in the early 40, but rather looks like early 30.
I'm 17 but I'd say I look about 12-15. I don't think my face actually looks younger though...I dress casually and don't wear make-up so I look younger than my niece who does wear make-up (she's 13). If I dressed like other people my age, I reckon I would look 16/17...but I'd rather be my casual self. Who do I have to impress?
Original post by UWS
And how old are you?

Do people think you look older or younger than you actually are?
Share your stories!

So I'm 23 (inb4 "omg old", "omg prime number"), and the oldest someone has said I looked was 20 but usually they think I look 15-17. Because I'm so short, I could easily get mistaken for a truant teenager when I'm walking around the street :rofl:

Discuss.
When I'm clean-shaven people think I'm in my early 20s. When I have my beard they think I'm in my mid 30s.

I'm actually 28.
I'm 22 and I've had people think i m as young as 18 or as old as 26, I look younger in some peoples eyes because I don't wear make up but those that think I'm older generally seems to because I'm as mature as my husband and he's 26 to they assume we're the same age.
Someone thought I was an undergraduate last year :cool:

Spoiler

I don't wanna say my age, but let's just say I rarely get asked for ID these days.... :getmecoat:
Reply 266
Original post by claireestelle
21 but I ve been mistaken for 18 or sometimes younger, getting id d for a lottery ticket was not a good moment.

I'm 22 and I've had people think i m as young as 18 or as old as 26, I look younger in some peoples eyes because I don't wear make up but those that think I'm older generally seems to because I'm as mature as my husband and he's 26 to they assume we're the same age.

One year later still get picked up for being 18. Those genetics :lol:
CLAIREESTELLE - The women who doesn't age - Coming soon to cinemas - Rated PG :moon:
Original post by 8472
One year later still get picked up for being 18. Those genetics :lol:
CLAIREESTELLE - The women who doesn't age - Coming soon to cinemas - Rated PG :moon:

I've gotten married in that time too, which i thought might make people think i m older. Although many people in my family get grey hairs in their late 20's or early 30s so my luck will probably run out soon:P
LOL. This is funny. Without my beards, 16 or 17. I have been asked for my ID once I went to get some cutleries for my new house. It was embarrassing. Tried to explain and she had none of it. Didn't have an ID on me so couldn't purchase anything. I'm actually closer to 30.:smile:
30 and a few months ago for mistaken for 24

its weird but when I was young people thought I looked older and now that I'm older people think I look younger
Reply 270
I’m 15, but people often see me as older. Oldest guess was 18-19.
Reply 271
I've gotten married in that time too, which i thought might make people think i m older. Although many people in my family get grey hairs in their late 20's or early 30s so my luck will probably run out soon:P

Either someone got very lucky or it's gonna hit you like a train :afraid:
Original post by 8472
Either someone got very lucky or it's gonna hit you like a train :afraid:

I m thinking train :tongue:
16 when im much older
I’m 16 and everywhere I go people think I’m 21 or 22. In 8th grade when I was 12, i felt like I never used to fit in with people my age so I’d often hang out with people in the 13th. Until now I don’t have friends my age, mostly I have friends in their 20s and they have no idea I’m 16. Once tokd a 26 year old guy who was asking me out that I’m 15 and he said he couldn’t understand why women always lie to seem younger.
I'm 19 and people sometimes think I'm in my early 20s. When I was 17 my cousin's girlfriend thought I was 23. I get asked for ID though so can't look that old! I think I look 19 tbh.
It happens to me a lot and when I’m mad about it people tell me u might not like the fact you look younger now, but when you’re older you will thank God for it 😂
I got asked for ID last September when I tried getting in to a 15 film. Nowhere near as bad as what people here have had though because I'm still 17.
17, but got asked for ID to buy an energy drink (stupid new laws). People often mistake me for a 13/14 year old. Not as bad as my older brother. 19 and looks like a stretched 12 year old :colondollar:
Reply 279
17, but I look 15, so in previous years at school, i was mistaken for a year 7 and could take the short way around school

Latest