The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sae.HH
So, spent the entire day with my aunt who lives in Australia and is down for two weeks and her new husband who is from Germany. I should have left for gym at 7pm latest but being the idiot I am decided to get there for 11:30PM, realising when I got there and started my squats I was actually way too tired to have a productive workout.

Workout 08/01/16

Low Bar 115 5x3 5mr RPE; Horrific (Tiredness, can't say anything else,felt like **** after the first set but grinded them out)

This isn't the first time I've done this, maybe one day I'll learn my lesson. Praise the Lord for full body workouts, I'll have to bang out a full session at my uni gym tomorrow as I'm moving back. But on the plus side I'll get to do trap bar deadlifts and reverse hyperextensions. My flatmates will think I'm a complete **** arriving then leaving immediately to train. :colonhash:

:redface: Gym too late can be a turn off...at least you did something. Got over a week before I head to uni as well, going to start my degree today me reckon :,) your flatmates should all join you to the gym :biggrin:
Reply 21
Workout 08/01/16

Wasn't really feeling it today, will bang out some more volume tomorrow hopefully.

Paused OHP 50 /3 53.5 4/4/3/3/3 50 /3 4mr

Pull Ups BW 4x8

Reverse Hypers 10 4x12

Hanging Leg Raise 5x8

Original post by UchihaMadara
:redface: Gym too late can be a turn off...at least you did something. Got over a week before I head to uni as well, going to start my degree today me reckon :,) your flatmates should all join you to the gym :biggrin:

In engineering common room about to get on lecture capture now :p:
Original post by Sae.HH
Workout 08/01/16

Wasn't really feeling it today, will bang out some more volume tomorrow hopefully.

Paused OHP 50 /3 53.5 4/4/3/3/3 50 /3 4mr

Pull Ups BW 4x8

Reverse Hypers 10 4x12

Hanging Leg Raise 5x8

In engineering common room about to get on lecture capture now :p:

OHP looking good with relatively low rest, reckon you got a plate on you soon if you start increasing rest time.

I'm waking up early tomorrow, its always how I've done work...did nuff all today :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Workout 09/01/16

Felt much better today, ate after lectures, a decent amount. Had a nap before leaving, the gym is a 2 minute walk on from my accommodation so it was fine.

Low Bar 117.5 5x3 4mr (Pretty solid, much better than Saturday night, I knew it would be so just upped the weight a little, finals reps were all a little grindy but to be expected, might have to incorporate light/volume days soon. I can add front squats in at 120kg anyway which I'll definitely do but a volume day will probably be sensible too)

Superset;
Weighted Chin Up +20.0 5/3/3 2mr (Not perfect form but full ROM, added 2 reps from last session)
DB Row 38 3x5 1x8 (Nice to go heavier than 30 lol, could have added more reps on earlier sets probably but will do so next time)

2ct Paused Bench 60 6x6 2mr

Superset;
Incline DB Press 24 8/6/6
DB Hammer Curl 14 4x8

Side Delt Raise 6 3x15

Will probably head in tomorrow when I'm passing through and do core work and reverse hypers with rear delt work. Will probably incorporate some grip stuff with farmers.
Original post by Sae.HH
Workout 09/01/16

Felt much better today, ate after lectures, a decent amount. Had a nap before leaving, the gym is a 2 minute walk on from my accommodation so it was fine.

Low Bar 117.5 5x3 4mr (Pretty solid, much better than Saturday night, I knew it would be so just upped the weight a little, finals reps were all a little grindy but to be expected, might have to incorporate light/volume days soon. I can add front squats in at 120kg anyway which I'll definitely do but a volume day will probably be sensible too)

Superset;
Weighted Chin Up +20.0 5/3/3 2mr (Not perfect form but full ROM, added 2 reps from last session)
DB Row 38 3x5 1x8 (Nice to go heavier than 30 lol, could have added more reps on earlier sets probably but will do so next time)

2ct Paused Bench 60 6x6 2mr

Superset;
Incline DB Press 24 8/6/6
DB Hammer Curl 14 4x8

Side Delt Raise 6 3x15

Will probably head in tomorrow when I'm passing through and do core work and reverse hypers with rear delt work. Will probably incorporate some grip stuff with farmers.

nice stuff, any reason for doing your pulls before push?
Reply 25
nice stuff, any reason for doing your pulls before push?

Had a little elbow strain after squats likely due to some miscues, pulling usually helps fix that for me personally. Also both benches were taken. :p: I'd gone heavy on push yesterday so didn't feel a need to get push in first.
Original post by Sae.HH
Had a little elbow strain after squats likely due to some miscues, pulling usually helps fix that for me personally. Also both benches were taken. :p: I'd gone heavy on push yesterday so didn't feel a need to get push in first.

Calmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 27
Workout 09/01/16

Quick core and rear delt workout.

Superset;
Reverse Hypers 20 4x12 (Tried a 5th set but back was ridiculously pumped to the point of intense burning after 4)
Knee Raise BW 4x12

Superset ;
Facepulls 13.75 4x12
Leg Raise BW 3X10

Rear Delt Fly 8 4x12

In and out within half an hour :biggrin: Has to be a record for me. Imbalances on a daileee baby pleasee
Not a record, I heard you took under 10 mins with that chick in Leamington Spa :,) you were in and out in no time, thats when you officially do planks :colone:
Reply 29
Not a record, I heard you took under 10 mins with that chick in Leamington Spa :,) you were in and out in no time, thats when you officially do planks :colone:

Hahaha
Reply 30
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Well I'm taller than my cousins so :u:
Haha yeah, I don't really track macros I just try to eat not too terribly, especially on non lifting days. i.e chicken burgers or milkshakes/waffles :p:

But yeah I'm hoping to head 60 5x5 OHP by Easter, that's the plan, hopefully get my squat back up to around 140 for reps also. I need to start deadlifting again but I'm just waiting for my lifting straps since I tweaked my SI ages ago (similar thing to Omar although not as bad), and would rather not risk it. I'd also quite like to hit a 2 plate chin up for 3x5 by easter although that might be a bit ambitious considering at the moment I'm slightly shy of even 1. My bench is poverty so let's not talk about that, although I enjoy OHP more anyway :p:

Brah :colone: Going to give me an excuse to add to my post count.

Bro you do a lot of exercises at the gym. I think I do like 7 exercises tops in one day but just do supersets to ensure I've actually worked the muscle.

Bench is pretty easy to rectify provided you don't have a pretty big wingspan. Literally do 4 sets of a barbell bench, warmup set(30kg if you're not great) then work it up to your maximum on the 3rd or 4th set. Try for 8 reps.
Reply 31
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Bro you do a lot of exercises at the gym. I think I do like 7 exercises tops in one day but just do supersets to ensure I've actually worked the muscle.

Bench is pretty easy to rectify provided you don't have a pretty big wingspan. Literally do 4 sets of a barbell bench, warmup set(30kg if you're not great) then work it up to your maximum on the 3rd or 4th set. Try for 8 reps.

I train full body, simply put my training philosophy is high volume high intensity low frequency. I'm not really into doing splits to be honest, I don't go to the gym every day as it's too much effort so it's not practical for me, or optimal for my goals which require a higher squat and pull frequency.

P.S My boy Rose tearing it up tonight :colone:
Reply 32
Workout A 12/01/16

2ct Paused Bench 72.5 5x5 5mr (May move to triples soon and cap volume with back off sets since this was pretty tough, we'll see)

Paused High Bar Beltless 80 1x8 90 4x8 (This is pretty killer on the core actually, had a nice tempo though and was definitely at the right weight)

Gonna go back in like an hour and do accessories and a ton of pulling.
Reply 33
Workout B 12/01/16

Paused OHP 50 2x5 47.5 6/6/5/5 (Form wasn't excellent, but still pretty pleased to get this after bench, albeit 4 hours after)

Weighted Chin Ups +20.0 5/4/4 (Messed up doing these, was meant to deadlift and only realised after)

DB Row 38 4x8

Superset;
Dips BW 3x12
Pull Ups BW 4x6

Supserset;
DB Shrug 42 4x8 (Grip limiting)
DB Hammer Curl 14 3x6

Superset;
Tricep Extensions 13.75 5x12
Side Delt Raise 8 4x8

NOTE TO SELF BUY MP CHALK ASAP
Are you doing a Russia lifting programme where you gym twice a day :O
Reply 35
Are you doing a Russia lifting programme where you gym twice a day :O

That's a Chinese thing brah :colone: Olympic Weightlifting goals
Original post by Sae.HH
That's a Chinese thing brah :colone: Olympic Weightlifting goals

KMT you reminded me of that peng Chinese post-workout munch I had at UNI FFFS
Reply 37
Workout 13/01/16

Superset;
Reverse Hypers 20 5x12
Hanging Knee Raises BW 5x12
Rear Delt Fly 8 4x15

Couldn't be bothered going upstairs just for facepulls, lower back and core are quite battered. 10 minutes.
Reply 38
Original post by Sae.HH
Workout 13/01/16

Superset;
Reverse Hypers 20 5x12
Hanging Knee Raises BW 5x12
Rear Delt Fly 8 4x15

Couldn't be bothered going upstairs just for facepulls, lower back and core are quite battered. 10 minutes.

10min workout?

Out of interest what is your main goal for the lifts?
Reply 39
Original post by bammy jastard 27
10min workout?

Out of interest what is your main goal for the lifts?

Long term is probably to compete in Olympic lifting, right now it's to get my foundation layed and core lifts as strong as possible. Sucks I can't clean at the moment but no bumper plates makes it quite difficult for me because my form isn't great. I can get the triple extension fairly correct but I always end up with some elbow strain which affects my other lifts.

EDIT; And yeah it's just a little workout to get some back traction/core and rear delt work in.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest