The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
I'm going to give the opposite of what everyone has said just for difference of opinion but I had an LDR with an american girl in the past and I'm never having a LDR again. It might seem like it will work right now because you're infatuated but believe me once you get down the road and you realise you gotta be taking flights to see this girl (which isn't cheap) and the level of commitment you have to take in terms of communication e.g. Skyping etc. It's not worth it.

There's plenty of beautiful girls in this world so I wouldn't put my eggs in 1 basket with one that's overseas. Just speaking from personal experience.

Haha no I hear you loud and clear! It's pretty insane and my closest friends have all told me as such but I'm just hoping I'll fall out of this infatuated state, which I definitely am. She feels exactly the same too.

But the way I'm feeling at the moment I've already had to apologise to a few girls who were expecting something when I came back and I just feel completely differently about relationships which has never happened before! So I think it'll be a while before I phase out of this. I'm SUPPOSED to head back in September but I'm cynical myself we'll last that long.

I appreciate that advice for sure but it's something I've thought about/am thinking about a lot at the moment, with her and in my own mind.
Original post by Sae.HH
Haha no I hear you loud and clear! It's pretty insane and my closest friends have all told me as such but I'm just hoping I'll fall out of this infatuated state, which I definitely am. She feels exactly the same too.

But the way I'm feeling at the moment I've already had to apologise to a few girls who were expecting something when I came back and I just feel completely differently about relationships which has never happened before! So I think it'll be a while before I phase out of this. I'm SUPPOSED to head back in September but I'm cynical myself we'll last that long.

I appreciate that advice for sure but it's something I've thought about/am thinking about a lot at the moment, with her and in my own mind.

Gotta agree with Trapking

Like an hour or two away is fine (not for everyone) and you can see each other every week or two

But Canada?! That’s a commitment

See how it evolves and enjoy it for what it is. You never know how serious it could get but i’d be realistic unless she comes over longer term or whatever
Original post by Unistudent77
Gotta agree with Trapking

Like an hour or two away is fine (not for everyone) and you can see each other every week or two

But Canada?! That’s a commitment

See how it evolves and enjoy it for what it is. You never know how serious it could get but i’d be realistic unless she comes over longer term or whatever

Just got off a call with her, her parents said she should speak to a therapist about it LOL. She actually did speak to a therapist and long story short we're just going to play it by ear and there's no pressure for anything long term, which is fine by me because it makes my life a lot easier in terms of expectations regarding family etc.

Okay we need to stop talking about my relationships now. I will try and log some training by tomorrow night. My whole body aches at the moment I could go and do some SS cardio with core work tonight but we'll see.
Sick lifts brah
Your better off moving to Canada, Brum is always on StreetBlogs anyways....Vancouver is nice and people tell me Toronto is great - just make sure to come London every summer lol.

My views on girls have changed but if she's genuinely someone you like/potentially love then by all means you should stick with it - just go with the flow. The issue with distance is there's no physical component to the relationship but that's where trust and Kristina Rose comes in. SN
Original post by bars from mars
Sick lifts brah

They're not great but I appreciate the comment anyway!

Original post by UchihaMadara
Your better off moving to Canada, Brum is always on StreetBlogs anyways....Vancouver is nice and people tell me Toronto is great - just make sure to come London every summer lol.

My views on girls have changed but if she's genuinely someone you like/potentially love then by all means you should stick with it - just go with the flow. The issue with distance is there's no physical component to the relationship but that's where trust and Kristina Rose comes in. SN

I might be going to Vancouver in 2 weeks. Not sure yet, but yes I'd definitely like to move to Canada at some point. Apparently Hamilton is a lot cooler, Vancouver is a little too far out of the way though for permanent stay! My uncle lives in Edmonton and it's a mission for him when he flies to Europe.
My advice is just have fun, if it stops being fun, end it.
Original post by Angry cucumber
My advice is just have fun, if it stops being fun, end it.

Oops didn't see this. Thanks AC, not quite as fun as when I was over there for obvious reasons but still very fun!
Deadlifted 180 for a triple last night, think I had more in me but my headphones flew off on the third rep and couldn't be bothered with anymore.

AMRAPed last set of 140 for 11 reps.

Have also widened bench grip considerably and I think I'll be sticking to it as it fatigues me a it more and spares my front delts for vertical pressing after.
Wide grip benched 80 5x6 last night, feels way harder on my triceps even though it shouldn't? Odd. I've already asked @UchihaMadara But I don't know why to be honest, I've done it for a few sessions now and it's always the same.

Got a third vein running down my bicep too now so that was cool 😁 Mate spotted it during cable flies and took a picture.

Not sure what bodyweight is but I've definitely been eating good... too good. Yesterday was a small mountain of chickpeas with another mountain of rice and 6 legs. Also went to the Gudwara and had some langaar.
(edited 5 years ago)
I remember back in the day for Langar they were giving pizza and coke near mine lol

Without seeing a video I can't be exact about why I think the lockout portion of your wide grip bench is harder but there is a few things I would say:

In Raw Bench typically the hardest part is at the bottom of the lift unlike in equipped. It will vary from person to person but typically either on the chest or just a few inches off the chest. The wide grip bench is meant to be harder near the bottom according to the general strength curve compared to a closer grip bench but don't forget you can recruit more of your pecs with a wide-grip set up, but the strength curve is a more over-powering factor. A lot of beginners can actually close grip more but thats just because they have developed their arms/triceps more than their chest and shoulders.

I think it's good your doing wide grip as honestly I think it's safer for the shoulders contrary to the stuff out there in the fitness community. Now what I think is happening is two things:

1) Getting the bar off your chest is actually the hardest part of your lift but by the time it comes to your lockout your weak because of the force exerted at the bottom - people think that because they are missing out lockout that they need to do board presses etc. but actually even with all that it's the strength off the chest thats the limiting factor.

2) Your new to wide-grip (mine is index on ring but your can still cover the ring and go wider with a japanese grip) bench and it's likely that your biomechanics of the lift is causing the lockout portion to be difficult. A lot of 'tucking in the elbows' on a wide-grip bench isn't the way to go - it is likely your probably 'over tucking' having come from a closer grip set up. Again a video would be conclusive but I suspect this is the issue. On the concentric when you over tuck unless your using a sink style bench with leg drive which I don't think you do, along the fact your probably not arching enough - I suspect your elbows haven't got more 'untucking to do' at the lockout as your doing what you can to get off your chest subconsciously. I would say next bench session think more about the timing of your 'untucking' if your not going to play with arch etc..

If it's 1) just continue what you're doing and your pecs will get stronger under heavier load. 2 is what I think it is more likely to be, in that case this is a technical thing you just gotta work on for next session when you warm-up. Hope my advice helps.
(edited 5 years ago)
Little finger on ring isn't wide grip unless your chest size is very narrow. Almost certainly thats conventional width. Wider than that is wide grip bench

You're finding it hard on your triceps as you've come from a narrower grip; therefore your triceps are your dominant pushing force, so your pecs and front delts are RIP and now you're feeling it in your triceps as they're pushing them as they're buddies further down are failing/ failed.
Basically keep training brah
Original post by Angry cucumber
Little finger on ring isn't wide grip unless your chest size is very narrow. Almost certainly thats conventional width. Wider than that is wide grip bench

You're finding it hard on your triceps as you've come from a narrower grip; therefore your triceps are your dominant pushing force, so your pecs and front delts are RIP and now you're feeling it in your triceps as they're pushing them as they're buddies further down are failing/ failed.
Basically keep training brah

Ah I see thanks, yea that's exactly the width I use now, it certainly feels wide compared to how I used to bench!
My regular is third finger on the rings.
23km hike/scramble across the Snowdon horseshoe and Llanberis path on Saturday , took about 9 hours. It was a good day but I'm still feeling it.
Original post by Sae.HH
23km hike/scramble across the Snowdon horseshoe and Llanberis path on Saturday , took about 9 hours. It was a good day but I'm still feeling it.

Sounds great fun.
FitNotes Workout - Thursday 19th July 2018
Total Volume: 18,527 kgs

** Stiff-Legged Deadlift **
- 100.0 kgs x 20 reps [PR]
- 100.0 kgs x 20 reps
- 100.0 kgs x 20 reps

** Overhead Press **
- 40.0 kgs x 10 reps [PR]
- 50.0 kgs x 5 reps [PR]
- 50.0 kgs x 4 reps
- 45.0 kgs x 8 reps [PR]
- 45.0 kgs x 8 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **
- 60.0 kgs x 12 reps [PR]
- 70.0 kgs x 10 reps [PR]
- 80.0 kgs x 4 reps [PR]
- 70.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 70.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 70.0 kgs x 8 reps

** Barbell Row **
- 60.0 kgs x 15 reps [PR]
- 80.0 kgs x 8 reps [PR]
- 80.0 kgs x 7 reps
- 80.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 60.0 kgs x 12 reps

** Pull Up **
- 71.0 kgs x 8 reps [PR]
- 71.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 71.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 71.0 kgs x 8 reps

** Cable Face Pull **
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps [PR]
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps

** EZ-Bar Curl **
- 15.0 kgs x 12 reps [PR]
- 15.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 15.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 15.0 kgs x 5 reps

** Lateral Dumbbell Raise **
- 12.0 kgs x 15 reps [PR]
- 12.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 12.0 kgs x 15 reps

Ab stuff with extra arm work at end.

Reading all the other blogs and funnily enough my hours at work are insanely chill, like 10-4 with Jaguar and an extended lunch but I'm still only managing to train twice a week if my football sessions don't count. Diet is all over the place too, just mitigating damage with the occasional thought along the lines of 'eh. maybe i should have a protein shake with this pile of mashed potato and cheese'.

Off to Canada in just under two weeks now. She has a proper home gym though so gains (if you can even call it that at this point) will continue to be made.

Fitnotes didn't transfer over to my new phone so everything is a PR for the time being. Curls are definitely improving though! I've started doing 21s, they're very good for getting a pump.

Oh and my Coventry gym which I hadn't visited in 6 months got rid of their reverse hyper! SO gutted.

Original post by Gone Revising II
Sounds great fun.

It was awesome! Trying to find the time to head up Ben Nevis sometime in late August.
(edited 5 years ago)
10-4! WTF I wake up at 6:30 to go work (start half 7) and come back 7+, your good brah :colone:

good to see you kept things with your chick in Canada
Bench Press 80 4x10
Deadlift 160 3x5
BB Row 80 4x7

Pulled an ab at football on Friday, never happened before and I freaked out, it was just popping out of my tshirt, managed to relax it by massaging profusely.

In other news gf showed me where where we'll be staying, I was planning not to train much but it's ALL ROGUE. Might have to do squats. Shame I'm not strong enough to actually make use of all the weights... @Gone Revising II want to take my place? :p:

37841067_10215154092995948_8416799323517353984_n.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Can't wait to design my future home gym

Quick Reply

Latest