Do Student Finance Direct send your parents a letter telling them... Watch

AmelieL
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
exactly how much you're getting, in maintenance loan and grants?

I'm in my second year by the way, if that makes a difference, I just can't remember what happened in the first...
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did you fill in the application online on the website to renew your loan for the year 2007/08?
AmelieL
No, I filled in the application and sent it by post, with my parent's signatures and details of their income filled in on it. I've received a letter saying my assessment is final, and with the final amounts I will get this year in loans and grant, I was just wondering if this same information with the exact amounts I'll be getting will be sent to my parents too.
love_mojitos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, you are an adult, taking out a loan which you are responsible for paying back or benefits which you are intitled to.... so why on earth would they tell your parents?
snu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They probably wouldn't be allowed to tell your parents under the Data Protection Act.
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by snu)
They probably wouldn't be allowed to tell your parents under the Data Protection Act.
yeah if your parents asked they would not be told because it is none of there business.
x mel x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no your parents are not told even if you go via the income assessed route
AmelieL
(Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
No, you are an adult, taking out a loan which you are responsible for paying back or benefits which you are intitled to.... so why on earth would they tell your parents?
That's what I thought, but I was just checking to make sure.

ta
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (384)
74.56%
No (131)
25.44%

Watched Threads