The Student Room Group

What do girls look for in guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by l'etranger
Great, big, thick...

Spoiler

thought you were going to say...
wallet lol
Someone who you can chat with (preferably you have stuff in common with them), good sense of humour and just overall chivalry really

Spoiler

You can actually buy a special cream from the supermarket you rub in around the mouth, to slicken it up a bit

hm but why for the mouth? i know there is a cream you can put on your feet so they slide in the shoe perfectly
Original post by UWS
Yes? :hmmm:

Is that not what you wanted? I can offer more :wink:

Wow. What do you take me for, a hoe?

Spoiler

Original post by UWS
Omg no, everyone talks about my height on here :frown:

I'm 5'3 okay :frown:

Aww that's cute. I wanna lean over and ruffle your hair. :h:
Reply 85
Original post by Roxy1331
Wow. What do you take me for, a hoe?

Spoiler

Aww that's cute. I wanna lean over and ruffle your hair. :h:

No sex is fine.... *grits teeth*

How tall are you? :redface:
Original post by UWS
No sex is fine.... *grits teeth*

How tall are you? :redface:

Pretty huge...

5'5 :colondollar:
Reply 87
Pretty huge...

5'5 :colondollar:

A few inches doesn't matter right? :teehee:
Original post by UWS
A few inches doesn't matter right? :teehee:

Depends. :wink:
Beard, a good strong one
Humour
Mindfulness
Romanticist
Good personality

Most of all, someone she can show off to her friends to make them jealous 17-
I want someone:

1.Honest
2.Reliable
3.Hardworking
4.Kind
5.Intelligent
6.A good listener
7.Patient
8.Ambitious and someone with goals
9. Respectful

I would not compromise on respectful and honest.
I think the things I look for most in a guy and are most attractive are his sense of humour, his manners, being ambitious and having a drive for something, goals in life. :h:
honesty,loyality,respect and someone who acts mature
Reply 93
Original post by UWS
Not if they're a necrophiliac, then again, you'd probably wouldn't want to date one of those...

I don't think you'd know to care:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do love a guy with big feet :sexface:

Because he'll have big hands too?
Reply 95
Original post by Pikachū
huh??!! we are talking about shoes !!!

M8 we're talking about our shoes, maybe you have a foot fetish :smile:

Ofc, what was I thinking.

Don't tell anyone
Funny with the same sense of humour, honest, intelligent, hard working, not arrogant, a little sensitive, sweet, caring, understanding. Also someone who has interests e.g. plays an instrument, and likes to do stuff other than going out/watching tv. Good music taste is a bonus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
can confirm my wallet's running thin since girlfriend and she's also stated that the fact I'm heading into a good career is a reason she's with me so woooooop <3

Woahhh that`s... well, what can I say you seem okay with that XD
Anyway to answer the person above`s question, and bearing in mind i`m in the minority with the majority of my opinions, I don`t care that much about the money tbh. I mean having a good career does, however, show drive and how hard they`ve worked to get where they are GENERALLY but it`s not a necessity to live in a mansion XD

Things to look for according to me (in no particular order):
Faithful
Romantic
Intelligent
Not too clingy
Mature
Talented
A sense of humour
Honest
Doesn`t blabber endlessly but doesn`t make silence awkward. Talking for too long tires me out and becomes annoying.
Good fashion sense and looks hotttttt (this is what I am in line with most girls). MUST TAKE CARE OF APPEARANCE PLEASE GOD.

For some reason I don`t like many guys but when i do happen to like a guy they all have the some things in common: They have to be intelligent. I can`t deal with stupidity, I`m sorry. They like music, they talk honestly to me, they are SUBTLE about dropping hints - which makes me use my imagination, they are all tall and slim, and generally would fit under the "mysterious" type, and they treat me as someone they want to spend time with without being clingy. I cannot stress how much clinginess annoys me. I want to be able to miss the person . I`m not talking about a conversation here and there, I mean those people who will text you 70 texts when you don`t want to talk and follow you around - just stop. When he flirts, it doesn`t feel generic or that he`s "practicing" his skills he`s been using on other girls like a parrot. That turns me off more than anything (second only to looking bad and acting dumb). I also generally prefer it when guys take things slow and most girls like the opposite so yeah... Also, as opposed to the majority of girls, the strong smell of cologne turns me off. A faint nice smell could be nice but too much can get stifling.

Overall, if a guy is beautiful physically, and is intelligent and polite, it puts him in a great advantage with heterosexual females :3

Like I said I`m in the minority but I hope I helped :smile:
someone who can laugh at themselves and me, communicates openly, and really passionately cares about meaningful questions. doesn't take things for granted, questions things, thinks deeply, and likes conversations that are about something other than filling silence. comfortable with silence. if they've got a way with words, that is a huge plus.

someone who wants a relationship that isn't about following a script (definitely not someone who assumes I want them to pay for my food and buy me teddy bears and designer jewellery and send me texts in the morning with generic compliments about my appearance. not my thing, actually a massive turn off.) sees me as a person, not a conquest or and object or some kind of amalgamation of stereotypes about my gender. other definitenos: doesn't communicate negative feelings, only concerned about fitting in and being normal, bigoted, violent, selfish, all the obvious stuff.

someone who properly listens to what I say, and cares. respect and honesty.

also, I'm gonna have to be physically attracted to someone to date them. no particular features that would guarantee that, but confidence, strong eye contact and good hygiene all help.

and kissing skills are invaluable. esp neck kissing.
Original post by Mimi9335
Woahhh that`s... well, what can I say you seem okay with that XD

hehe I don't mind :cute:

I exaggerate a bit and (I hope) she was kidding at the time haha

it's all worth it for the great times because she's goddamn amazing :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending