The Student Room Group

What ethnicity do people mistake you for?

I'm somali but i've been mistaken for yemeni and bengali..

Scroll to see replies

I'm Indian (Punjabi to be exact) and I actually get mistaken for being Mexican
Wooo the age old question ! How about everything 😂😂😂
Arab and in the past Mexican because I had Jaundice which made me quite yellow lol
Original post by Taran001
I'm Indian (Punjabi to be exact) and I actually get mistaken for being Mexican

I'm not sure if you've watched ointb but a lot of the mexicans on there could pass as indians. Awesome :smile:
Original post by Zargabaath
Arab and in the past Mexican because I had Jaundice which made me quite yellow lol

Oh lol, what are you really?
I'm white but I've been mistaken for mixed race (black and white) quite a few times! Must be my thick, curly hair! My mum's also white but looks Mediterranean.
When you're white, pasty and get sun burned in 15 degree heat there's absolutely no uncertainty you are Scottish :unimpressed:
I confused the fuk out of a girl as she confessed to me as I have a Muslim first name and a Indian second name somehow she thought I was Arab, she couldn't make the connection that I am a British Muslim Indian, she dresses up and aspires to be like Kim K if that perpetuates the stereotype even more
Reply 9
I'm Chinese so everything from: Japanese, Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, Nepalese, etc..

Basically anything BUT Chinese.
I'm bengali and most people think I'm arab
I'm bengali but i don't look like one and people have mistaken me for Arab, pakistani, indian, turkish, malaysian (somehow), mediterranean and mexican
i dunno if its an ethnicity but ppl have mistaken me for latin-american :redface:
I'm mixed, half English half Pakistani. People assume I'm either English or Arab.
Somebody called me Turkish on here :rofl:
I'm Indian. people have mistaken me for Pakistani/Arab/Bengali. No one has ever guessed that i'm Indian. Ever :colonhash:
All sorts but I'm already super mixed race anyway.
Half-Arab/Lebanese.
I'm mixed Chinese/English but literally 80% of people think I'm Latino :confused:
English/Mexican/Turkish/Jewish

In conclusion, people are idiots.

Quick Reply