jenttn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
Does anyone know if Graphic design is a STEM subject ? As I'm wanting to retrain but already have a undergrad degree so to get funding needs to be a stem subject.

Thanks
geographyuk123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do product design which is under the same Design&Technology branch as graphic design and it is stem.
Kravence
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, Graphics design isn't a STEM subject
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jenttn)
Hi
Does anyone know if Graphic design is a STEM subject ? As I'm wanting to retrain but already have a undergrad degree so to get funding needs to be a stem subject.

Thanks
Hey there,

Unfortunately Graphic Design falls under Art & Design at Sheffield Hallam and sits alongside our other design courses such as product design, interior design, fashion design and furniture design. It is not a STEM subject.

Sorry about that!

If you have any more questions, let us know

Laura & Hannah
(Official Hallam reps)
Sheth_drashti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In which university are you studying this course?
Sheth_drashti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lee1999wright)
I do product design which is under the same Design&Technology branch as graphic design and it is stem.
Hey may i know which university are you studying in? And is it a bachelor’s course or a master’s course?
hallamstudents
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Thanks
Hi

Thanks
Hi there,

Unfortunately, Graphics comes under the ACES Department (Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences). I study Interior Design within this department, in the new Sheffield Institute of Arts building with brand new facilities and a new Graphic studio.

What is it that you are looking to do in terms of level of study at Sheffield Hallam? STEM subjects are Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and we also have great facilities for them here. In fact our new STEM building was just renovated last year. Do any of those interest you?

What is it about Graphics that you like? As there may be some similarities across other fields, but fit within the STEM category.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to ask any more questions,

Chandni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 6 Oct '19
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.03%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.33%
No (124)
35.63%

Watched Threads