The Student Room Group

psychology personal statement for a online student!

I am really struggling rn with this!!! like everyone has A levels and stuff and their talking about what interested them in the subject when THEY DID IT IN THE TWO YEARS but I am doing Access to HE which ONLY has one year and you would not know what to put in PS because you just started to learn it!!! what should I do? I have to join uni this year aswell because my parents are mad that im still not in uni!!! people are asking them aswell and I dont want to embarass them more than i already have!!! please help ...
Reply 1
Original post by merlinvarkey
I am really struggling rn with this!!! like everyone has A levels and stuff and their talking about what interested them in the subject when THEY DID IT IN THE TWO YEARS but I am doing Access to HE which ONLY has one year and you would not know what to put in PS because you just started to learn it!!! what should I do? I have to join uni this year aswell because my parents are mad that im still not in uni!!! people are asking them aswell and I dont want to embarass them more than i already have!!! please help ...

You don't really have to talk about your course in great detail, just explain:
-What have you learnt so far that's interesting that is related to your course?
-What intérêts you about the course you want to do and why that course?
-Work experience or anything interesting that has happened for you to get something useful out of it (e.g. fundraising, maybe even mentoring, work experience)
-What skills you possess that'll be useful for your course?
-What you want to gain out of your course and uni?
-Hobbies and interest?
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
You don't really have to talk about your course in great detail, just explain:
-What have you learnt so far that's interesting that is related to your course?
-What intérêts you about the course you want to do and why that course?
-Work experience or anything interesting that has happened for you to get something useful out of it (e.g. fundraising, maybe even mentoring, work experience)
-What skills you possess that'll be useful for your course?
-What you want to gain out of your course and uni?
-Hobbies and interest?

thank you so much for this!!! I just read mature students PS's and none of them have put down their GCSE'S but only their A-Level's and many got offers!!! I am a mature student aswell so would it matter if i didnt put down my gcses's?
Reply 3
thank you so much for this!!! I just read mature students PS's and none of them have put down their GCSE'S but only their A-Level's and many got offers!!! I am a mature student aswell so would it matter if i didnt put down my gcses's?

On your UCAS application or the personal statement?? You should never put your qualification in your PS.
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
On your UCAS application or the personal statement?? You should never put your qualification in your PS.

my sister is in uni and she made me put my grades on the personal statement because apparently you have to :/
Reply 5
my sister is in uni and she made me put my grades on the personal statement because apparently you have to :/

YOU ABSOLUTELY DON'T HAVE TO. All the grades you've achieved you're supposed to put on your application form (hence why they ask them). No-one at uni puts it in their personal statement, so she's the exception. Putting it there just wastes space, so please don't make that mistake.
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
YOU ABSOLUTELY DON'T HAVE TO. All the grades you've achieved you're supposed to put on your application form (hence why they ask them). No-one at uni puts it in their personal statement, so she's the exception. Putting it there just wastes space, so please don't make that mistake.

All my space is taken up because of that so thank you for that tip!!!
Check out the PS writing stuff in my signature- your PS should focus on your interest in psychology (extra reading etc)

Quick Reply

Latest