The Student Room Group

How can i get legs likes these?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
they do though
even if it's to satisfy themselves, it's because there's a social value in looks, not intrinsic value. and the social value is perceived by men. without men, looks are worthless to women. even the women who care about other women's looks care about them because they know that men care about them, and they compete with them therefore for male attention

That's an incredibly one dimensional way to look at it.

But sure, if that's the way you see the world and every single action a person takes. Go for it. Not my business to stop you.
who cares? honestly: who cares like this about legs? guys are never going to be as anal as this. so long as you've got an all right face and your personal hygiene is fine (and your personality is okay) then most guys will give you a straight pass. why are you wanting to appeal to the kind of guy that will write you off based on legs?

*ahem*

Legs are very important and sexy
Original post by SophieSmall
That's an incredibly one dimensional way to look at it..

so long as this dimension is the degree to which something is simply a fact, then whatever. I'd rather look at the world like that anyway. how is what I said not a fact? women only place value in looks in a instrumental way. it's just like money - money is only good for the instrumentality it provides us. looks are *exactly* the same. we can't use "looks" without other people existing, just like money is useless without other people wanting it.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
*ahem*

Legs are very important and sexy

legs aren't going to win any half-decent guy over though. it will win over a **** boy perhaps. but is she after a **** boy?
legs aren't going to win any half-decent guy over though. it will win over a **** boy perhaps. but is she after a **** boy?

-.-

You can have your flabby legs. I'll have my toned muscle legs thanks :u:
-.-

You can have your flabby legs. I'll have my toned muscle legs thanks :u:

no, I'm just saying, if your criterion for a partner is something like "ohh have they got sexy toned legs" then you aren't exactly going to be with that person for a very long time...girls are boring without an insanely good personality, and sexy legs aren't going to change that

also, you realise the context of this thread? OP wants a man for his money, not him. at least you actually want something physical about a girl, to your mild credit. the OP is going in a totally different direction here.
(edited 7 years ago)
no, I'm just saying, if your criterion for a partner is something like "ohh have they got sexy toned legs" then you aren't exactly going to be with that person for a very long time...girls are boring without an insanely good personality, and sexy legs aren't going to change that

and no amount of personality will fix non sexually attractive traits.

I want nice personality + nice legs. There are enough humans who fit this criteria.
and no amount of personality will fix non sexually attractive traits.

I want nice personality + nice legs. There are enough humans who fit this criteria.

yeahhh but great personality + moderate looks >>>>>>>>>>>>> dreadful personality with amazing looks.
would you at least agree with that? I have a friend who is dating thee most annoying girl ever but he is only with her because he knows that he can use her for sex and she will basically put up with it (low value girl I guess). he finds her very attractive though. I, on the other hand, couldn't deal with that no matter how attractive the girl was. if she can't excite me on a personal level, she's not going to have much of a shot exciting me on a sexual level. I just won't see much achievement in ****ing a bimbo. because I've been there, and even when they've been very attractive, I haven't been able to keep an erection for long enough. that was a very harsh life lesson for me - when sex "doesn't work" even with attractive girls if she isn't interesting or exciting. that's basically the beginning of the end right there for a young 20-something like me
yeahhh but great personality + moderate looks >>>>>>>>>>>>> dreadful personality with amazing looks.
would you at least agree with that? I have a friend who is dating thee most annoying girl ever but he is only with her because he knows that he can use her for sex and she will basically put up with it (low value girl I guess). he finds her very attractive though. I, on the other hand, couldn't deal with that no matter how attractive the girl was. if she can't excite me on a personal level, she's not going to have much of a shot exciting me on a sexual level. I just won't see much achievement in ****ing a bimbo. because I've been there, and even when they've been very attractive, I haven't been able to keep an erection for long enough. that was a very harsh life lesson for me - when sex "doesn't work" even with attractive girls if she isn't interesting or exciting.

Well I lump in nice legs as being moderate. Just because most humans are now fatties who do no exercise does not mean I have to like flabby weak legs.

I agree with your dichomy when it comes to a more deeper relationship but meh, if it comes to casual sex, providing they are not like a complete knob head, I could put up with not really being that comparable in other departments. That may change if I actually got to have sex a lot and it losts its charm or tried it and it was terrible. But right now I just want sex :argh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I lump in nice legs as being moderate. Just because most humans are now fatties who do no exercise does not mean I have to like flabby weak legs.

well, let's agree that there is a certain threshold of looks that must be passed for personality to become the decisive factor. if she was a 1/10, then her personality won't be worth ****. but if she was a 10/10 with a 1/10 personality, it'll be just as bad in terms of a relationship (although sex is a different thing). but the number value of personality is more important than the number of value of looks - a 5/10 personality even ith 10/10 looks isn't worth ****, but a 5/10 looks with a good personality is at least SOMEWHAT workable, especially if they can improve themselves via weight loss (while we're on the topic of fat legs).
(edited 7 years ago)
well, let's agree that there is a certain threshold of looks that must be passed for personality to become the decisive factor. if she was a 1/10, then her personality won't be worth ****. but if she was a 10/10 with a 1/10 personality, it'll be just as bad in terms of a relationship (although sex is a different thing)

yup In guess.

I agree with your dichomy when it comes to a more deeper relationship but meh, if it comes to casual sex, providing they are not like a complete knob head, I could put up with not really being that comparable in other departments. That may change if I actually got to have sex a lot and it losts its charm or tried it and it was terrible. But right now I just want sex :argh:

well, let's agree that there is a certain threshold of looks that must be passed for personality to become the decisive factor. if she was a 1/10, then her personality won't be worth ****. but if she was a 10/10 with a 1/10 personality, it'll be just as bad in terms of a relationship (although sex is a different thing). but the number value of personality is more important than the number of value of looks - a 5/10 personality even ith 10/10 looks isn't worth ****, but a 5/10 looks with a good personality is at least SOMEWHAT workable, especially if they can improve themselves via weight loss (while we're on the topic of fat legs).

C'mon sleepy, this is all besides the point because the choice isn't between ChaoticButterfly having a good personality+bad body or bad personality+good body - I'm pretty sure her personality is going to remain roughly the same regardless of her putting the work in to look physically better or not! :tongue:

Also I really don't understand how people can be in relationships with others they don't find at least somewhat sexually attractive, regardless of how their personalities match. Its the difference between physical contact being the hottest thing ever, or it being vaguely repulsive. Why not just keep such a person as a good friend?

And lets face it, a well shaped lower body on a girl is HOT.
Original post by In One Ear
C'mon sleepy, this is all besides the point because the choice isn't between ChaoticButterfly having a good personality+bad body or bad personality+good body - I'm pretty sure her personality is going to remain roughly the same regardless of her putting the work in to look physically better or not! :tongue:

I'm a man :huff:

Ahah sorry, just assumed you were a girl cus of image in OP, talking about thigh gaps and sleepy giving examples of girls in his convo with you! :tongue:

:rofl:

OP I'm confused. Is that you in the first picture? If so you have great legs.

Quick Reply

Latest