Professional ballet?

Watch
Alicia30
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello
I started ballet when I was 3 and, along with contemporary and Irish dancing. I continued until I suffered a major foot injury at 14. This was in the same year I started gong onto pointes, but lost my confidence because of my injury and now massively regret giving it up. I'm 18 and have recently become very interested in starting ballet again seriously, and does anyone know if there's a chance I could build up my technique in order to pursue a professional career in ballet? I'd be willing to audition for schools and have started lessons again in grade 8 ballet and contemporary? How much would I need to practice a week to build up my technique fast enough? Thank you!
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alicia30)
Hello
I started ballet when I was 3 and, along with contemporary and Irish dancing. I continued until I suffered a major foot injury at 14. This was in the same year I started gong onto pointes, but lost my confidence because of my injury and now massively regret giving it up. I'm 18 and have recently become very interested in starting ballet again seriously, and does anyone know if there's a chance I could build up my technique in order to pursue a professional career in ballet? I'd be willing to audition for schools and have started lessons again in grade 8 ballet and contemporary? How much would I need to practice a week to build up my technique fast enough? Thank you!
I will put this in the Sports section, see if anyone can help here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (349)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (277)
44.25%

Watched Threads