Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if ensuite catered flats are mixed or single sex? also, what kind of kitchen facilities do you get? i know you obviously don't get a massive kitchen when you're catered but you get something right?

ReputationRep:
    From what I gather, all catered accomodation has a small kitchen for preparing snacks and the like

ReputationRep:
    i think they are single sex from what i have been told but i didnt stay there so im not really sure. The kitchen are really nice. down 1 end you have a nice little seating area then the kitchen you have a big fridge/freezer and sink (might be a double) and loads of cupboard space. you will also have a micowave and a grill. hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I hope its not single sex

ReputationRep:
    i think most accomodation is single sex to be honest but its normally not a big deal. last year i was in a single sex block but we were connnested to a boys blosk so we were basically a mixed block with the guys sleeping in 1 half and the girls sleeping in the other half. I didnt live in new hall though so you need to wait for someone who did to hopefully respond for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyse180887)
    i think most accomodation is single sex to be honest but its normally not a big deal. last year i was in a single sex block but we were connnested to a boys blosk so we were basically a mixed block with the guys sleeping in 1 half and the girls sleeping in the other half. I didnt live in new hall though so you need to wait for someone who did to hopefully respond for you.
    Just after I posted that I found someone living in my block next year, he was a guy so I guess its a mixed block

ReputationRep:
    they all are mixed blocks but each floor is occupied either by males or females
    so its like:
    ground floor boys
    first floor girls
    ground floor boys
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a5d)
    they all are mixed blocks but each floor is occupied either by males or females
    so its like:
    ground floor boys
    first floor girls
    ground floor boys
    etc.
    is there only one flat per floor?

ReputationRep:
    no, but it seems boys on one floor, girls on another. multiple flats per floor

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It's 2 flats per floor. 4-6 bedrooms per flat.

ReputationRep:
    They can be mixed sex, I was in a mixed sex flat last year, 2 guys and 3 girls but I was a returning student so maybe they don't do it at all for freshers. I know a guy who was in bowder in stamford in the first year in a flat of girls ooerr!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.