Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gea-Sin)
    I'm mostly looking for tips for BND Applied Science but any are welcome and I've just got to ask - how differnt is bnd from a-levels? I mean stuff like the normal amount of free periods and if each of your classes are mixed up with loads of new people like they are in A-level
    Don't leave anything last minute, nuff said.

agree with that. you need to stay on top of your work, get it done as soon as you can. if they will do it keep getting your teachers to check over your work to make sure youre doing it right
    the way your classes are depends on the college and its policys

ReputationRep:
    Yup keep on top of things, as you'll be doing different units at the same time, the work adds up!
    Its worth the hard work in the end

ReputationRep:
    Hard Work, Research around the subject, Determination, Organising and Time Management. These are the things which I did when I was doing my BND and I ended up getting a DDD.

And make sure you keep track of your work and grades achieved so that you know exactly where you are, just in case a unit needs improving.

University of Hertfordshire 2007 - Music, Commercial Composition and Technology

ReputationRep:
    Good answers above, as someone who teaches on BTEC i'd say the following:

• Know what is required for each task
    • Know when the work is due
    • Make sure you clear up any queries quickly, and ask more than one lecturer if needed
    • Research around the topic - not just Wikipedia...
    • Let your lecturer or personal tutor know if there are problems before the deadline - they can usually help if enough notice is given.
    • Manage your time - but make time to enjoy life too
    • Keep backups of work
    • Use "deadtime" like on the bus or train for research or planning if you can
    • Use IT - template for assignments, Google calender for assignment dates etc
    • Get your first version checked by a lecturer - even a 1 minute brief check at the end of a lesson is useful to make sure you are on the right lines?
    • Always, always put your name on the work you give in - headers/footers are your friend

Oh, and make sure you get all the passes and merits if going for distinctions........

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.