Le Gallois
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying... anglo-norman architecture

I'm interested in... the period in anglo- norman history from 9th to 12th centuries

My study level is... Other

I am not studying at any UK universities. In fact I am the manager of a project to reconstruct a 'chateau motte castral' in Upper Normandie.
I joined the forum to ask for your help! If you are studying anything to do with early medieval history and would like to participate in our project we would love to hear from you. We not only need physical help with the reconstruction on a 'woofing' basis but also research in the various British archives.
We have some major information such as when the first castle was built and by whos orders, subsequent rebuilding phases and when it was dismantled. There are however many centuries of occupation with little or no information which may be found in the exchequer rolls.
I think this would be an invaluable source for any thesis and hope you will too.
Attachment 608080
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed