Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelms10)
    Hey I got my offer yesterday - at last!! I'm sure your decision will come through soon!
    (Original post by aliciadunn4)
    Got my offer for biomedical sciences on Wednesday😊
    Congratulations guys!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissNoir98)
    Hey I'm a med sci student! I've just finished first year so any questions let me know
    Hey!
    You are the first person i've come across in the whole website that does my course!
    Are you enjoying it? I was also wondering what student accommodation you went to. I applied to Portsburgh as my first choice even though it's further away from King's. Are most lectures in King's or in George Square? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Great choice! I'm just finishing 4th year of Medical Sciences and I love it here. There aren't many differences between biomed and MedSci, but MedSci has an Anatomy course in the 2nd year where you get to use cadavers (and all biomed students envy us ). Also, the course is much smaller than biomed, but for the first 2-3 years you still get to enjoy ~300 classmates in popular courses like genetics. Good luck!
    I'm quite glad that the course is smaller. I've heard about the cadavers! I went to the post offer day and the course looks really interesting and i like the idea of the elective courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinew)
    Hey!
    You are the first person i've come across in the whole website that does my course!
    Are you enjoying it? I was also wondering what student accommodation you went to. I applied to Portsburgh as my first choice even though it's further away from King's. Are most lectures in King's or in George Square? Thank you!
    yah we're a rare bunch! I'm at kincaid's which is a total trek from where I need to be most of the time but there is the shuttle bus so it isn't to bad. Out of the six courses I've done this semester, only one has been at George square You'll be spending a lot of time at Kings hahaha

ReputationRep:
    yah we're a rare bunch! I'm at kincaid's which is a total trek from where I need to be most of the time but there is the shuttle bus so it isn't to bad. Out of the six courses I've done this semester, only one has been at George square You'll be spending a lot of time at Kings hahaha
    Oh great haha! I'm glad they have a shuttle bus! Do you know what you want to do after you've graduated? I know the course is good for people wanting to do post grads?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Great choice! I'm just finishing 4th year of Medical Sciences and I love it here. There aren't many differences between biomed and MedSci, but MedSci has an Anatomy course in the 2nd year where you get to use cadavers (and all biomed students envy us ). Also, the course is much smaller than biomed, but for the first 2-3 years you still get to enjoy ~300 classmates in popular courses like genetics. Good luck!

omg which uni do you go to? u're so lucky))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinew)
    Oh great haha! I'm glad they have a shuttle bus! Do you know what you want to do after you've graduated? I know the course is good for people wanting to do post grads?!
    A good 50% of my year want to do medicine as a post grad but most won't end up doing that, only about 3-5 people each year actually get into medicine afterwards. I'm thinking physician assistant at the moment but not sure. You're right though, it is a great springboard for further study, a very versatile degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fspenc)
    omg which uni do you go to? u're so lucky))
    Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    So for those who want to go onto further study (including myself), would you say that the fact that the degree is not IBMS or hcpc accredited does not matter?

ReputationRep:
    A good 50% of my year want to do medicine as a post grad but most won't end up doing that, only about 3-5 people each year actually get into medicine afterwards. I'm thinking physician assistant at the moment but not sure. You're right though, it is a great springboard for further study, a very versatile degree
    Thank you! That has helped so much! I'm really looking forward to going. Just need to sort out all my SAAS things and wait to hear back about the accommodations.

ReputationRep:
    Hello People,I have an offer for Biomed from Sheffield and a Med. Science offer from Exeter. I am having a real hard time deciding between the two. I do entertain aspirations of moving into Medicine, although I know it is tough. Any views on which is the better course (

ReputationRep:
    Hello People,I have an offer for Biomed from Sheffield and a Med. Science offer from Exeter. I am having a real hard time deciding between the two. I do entertain aspirations of moving into Medicine, although I know it is tough. Any views on which is the better course (& uni) from the perspective of move to medicine or from other job prospects should the medicine route not materialise?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.