Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Gcse dsq
ibitha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Student2416)
Can you be disqualified from a GCSE Science Controlled Assessment ISA for making detailed research notes? And if so would this have an effect on being disqualified from other subjects?
When we took our ISAs at school two years ago the teachers literally put the answers up on the projector :innocent:

On a side note, if you get disqualified, its up to the exam board but it can be either from that exam, the whole subject or all subjects from that exam board.
BackLumbarJack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ibitha)
When we took our ISAs at school two years ago the teachers literally put the answers up on the projector :innocent:

On a side note, if you get disqualified, its up to the exam board but it can be either from that exam, the whole subject or all subjects from that exam board.
No, dont worry: it should be fine. At my school a lot of people filled the sheet, then attatched sticky notes to extend its information capacity. It depends on your teacher really, rather than the exam board, as the most likely outcome is yours will not individually be inspected by an examiner.
AppleB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've done the same, nothing happened.
ibitha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Student2416)
I know I have friends whose schools have basically just given them the answers but I was just worried incase I got DSQ over an ISA
As far as I remember your notes sheet is not kept for assessment? So if yours gets picked by the exam board to check the teachers marking they wouldn't know how detailed your notes were. So unless your teacher is a **** then you'd be fine.

**My memory may be off on this so they may keep the notes
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If there is something wrong with your assessment sheet and it is called in for review, your teacher will let you know and then you'll be able to change it! If your thing isn't called in for review, nothing will need to be changed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (62)
15.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.63%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.49%

Watched Threads