Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who likes to cook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I've been feeling really odd about cooking recently?

Its something I've always done and I try to cook good, healthy meals yet I feel like a bit of an outcast because of ,what I feel is a niche hobby, within my friends, family etc?

I was just wondering if anyone else did and to what kind of food you make

ReputationRep:
    consult TheProphetsPath
    • Political Ambassador

I keep telling myself I'll learn how to cook one day, but just recently I've almost died intoxicated from leaving the popcorn for almost 20 mins in the microwave. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I keep telling myself I'll learn how to cook one day, but just recently I've almost died intoxicated from leaving the popcorn for almost 20 mins in the microwave. :cry:
    thats possible? xD
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I make an excellent pot noodle.

ReputationRep:
    Me -generally Indian curries; need to get this spot on as I'm sending Mother away for a bit and will need to completely take over with no supervisor now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I make an excellent pot noodle.
    iconic

ReputationRep:
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    I love baking.
    I need to try making savoury food more though!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I do

ReputationRep:
    see i love to make loads of vegetable stuff because im not a massive fan of meat?
    id love to make curries and stuff but im not really familar with indian spice etc :P
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by PixelatedGamer)
    thats possible? xD
    Apparently, I make the impossible possible...There was so much smoke in the house, my mom thought it was literally on fire. And it all happened from a single bag of popcorn. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    consult TheProphetsPath
    who mamma go cook me some dinner.
    i'm hop in an uber and deep fry your eyebrows and put that with some cus cus gohdam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    who mamma go cook me some dinner.
    i'm hop in an uber and deep fry your eyebrows and put that with some cus cus gohdam.
    They should re-introduce the 'dislike' option on tsr posts tsk

ReputationRep:
    I do!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Currently doing so right now. Its soothing and calming especially if you have a really good knife.

You gotta do the cooking by the book...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedGamer)
    see i love to make loads of vegetable stuff because im not a massive fan of meat?
    id love to make curries and stuff but im not really familar with indian spice etc :P
    Curries are very easy when you have a basic knowledge tbh.

The staple spices are turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder.

The base is usually onion, garlic and ginger fried, you can add cardamoms (green and black), cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, chillies and cumin seeds. Tomatoes are added (fresh, tinned or pureed).

Other things can be added for flavour or taste e.g. almond flakes, plain yoghurt, fresh coriander, peppers and other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I did this for my catering exam a couple of years ago. (It's a chocolate and salted caramel tart with spun sugar (all made from scratch))Name:  IMG_4824.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  62.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Curries are very easy when you have a basic knowledge tbh.

The staple spices are turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder.

The base is usually onion, garlic and ginger fried, you can add cardamoms (green and black), cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, chillies and cumin seeds. Tomatoes are added (fresh, tinned or pureed).

Other things can be added for flavour or taste e.g. almond flakes, plain yoghurt, fresh coriander, peppers and other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds yummy

i wish my gf would try stuff like this! i would love to cook with her and have tried in the past but sh refuses to try stuff that isnt in the form of a nugget :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    like cooking, prefer baking

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.