Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who likes to cook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Well I did this for my catering exam a couple of years ago. (It's a chocolate and salted caramel tart with spun sugar (all made from scratch))Attachment 608114
    wow 0.0, im a savoury man myself so i wouldnt know where to begin with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Well I did this for my catering exam a couple of years ago. (It's a chocolate and salted caramel tart with spun sugar (all made from scratch))Attachment 608114
    That sounds amazing, I need you in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    That sounds amazing, I need you in my life.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    They should re-introduce the 'dislike' option on tsr posts tsk
    Bozo what u gonna cook me for dinner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    Bozo what u gonna cook me for dinner?
    ew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    ew
    Son, don't run away from it.

ReputationRep:
    I love cooking, prepare almost all my own food from scratch and will cook up a several course meal for anyone who will let me. It's a lot of Middle Eastern, Indian and Thai food (love the spices), but also do a lot of Italian, English and Spanish food.

I've been getting into baking although my bread baking attempts have been far from ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Curries are very easy when you have a basic knowledge tbh.

The staple spices are turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder.

The base is usually onion, garlic and ginger fried, you can add cardamoms (green and black), cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, chillies and cumin seeds. Tomatoes are added (fresh, tinned or pureed).

Other things can be added for flavour or taste e.g. almond flakes, plain yoghurt, fresh coriander, peppers and other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was going to give an explanation but you've already done it. Though I'd say that cloves and cinnamon sticks and bay leaves are optional.
    Garam masala is often quite chilli so would recommend paprika instead.

ReputationRep:
    not me b0i

ReputationRep:
    I love cooking. I love baking. I just love food.

But then again, I'm doing Professional Bakery at college as a side thing with my A-levels
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I like to cook indeed. I makes fun to prepare and to eat food after that. Be it alone or with friends.

ReputationRep:
    I can put bread in a toaster and make toast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    I was going to give an explanation but you've already done it. Though I'd say that cloves and cinnamon sticks and bay leaves are optional.
    Garam masala is often quite chilli so would recommend paprika instead.
    Thanks, yeah should have been clearer that those were optional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedGamer)
    sounds yummy

i wish my gf would try stuff like this! i would love to cook with her and have tried in the past but sh refuses to try stuff that isnt in the form of a nugget :closedeyes:
    Why not try and impress her and cook it for her?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I can cook, but rarely bother. Mostly pasta, or magic pizza that just arrives at my door....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I can put bread in a toaster and make toast
    That is better than nothing. The next step would be making french toast by frying toasts in a pan.

ReputationRep:
    I like to cook. I tend to cook things from scratch too, so (generally) no packet sauces and mixes. With the exception of curry because I just haven't gotten round to going to the asian supermarket yet to buy the curry staples. I will do soon though. It means I know exactly what is going into my food and it also tends to taste much nice.

(Note, I obviously buy some sauces such as soy, worcester etc, by sauces I mean things like bolognese sauce from a jar or chilli con carne sauce)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.