The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jaffa Cakes
I too went to Bishop Milner!! Think you would have been in the year above me!

Ooooooooooh who are you?
I know Matt and Adam came upto UWA from the year below me? I'm a third year now...
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Rachel doing Computer Science, and I know Matt and Adam lol
Reply 42
any1 staying at rosser . . . .im coming to aber this sept after taking a year out.
Reply 43
Jaffa Cakes
Rachel doing Computer Science, and I know Matt and Adam lol

Oooooooooooooooh yes, I know who you are :smile: phew at least I can put a face to a name hehe
MissKtotheT
I love all these midlanders, eeeeeeeh, it's quite nice to say you're from dudley when someone asks and to not just get "DUDLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?!?!?!" and to hear 'ooh and me' instead haha. I'm more a sedgley/gornal girl realllllllly but it's all dudley i guess. Went to Bishop Milner for school and sixth form though-sympathise, please haha...

Thankfully, even though I live in Stourbridge, I've avoided the accent at large, and my accent is slowly turning into one from Cambridge (even though I've never been there), as my best friend and I talk on Skype for hours everyday, and that's where he's from and always correcting my pronunciations :frown:

Oh, and my friend went to Bishop Milner.
Reply 45
Can't see me losing my accent anytime soon... whatever part I lose in aber it always seems to be fully restored after spending the holidays back home! :s-smilie:
Reply 46
AsphyxiateD
my best friend and I talk on Skype for hours everyday, and that's where he's from and always correcting my pronunciations :frown:

Oh, and my friend went to Bishop Milner.

I HATE people correcting my pronunciations...it's like my tutor last year was called stephen tooth...and i say the midlands 'tuth' whereas everyone else says 't-ooh-th' and people were CONSTANTLY correcting me...and that's just one of many!
Reply 47
MissKtotheT
I HATE people correcting my pronunciations...it's like my tutor last year was called stephen tooth...and i say the midlands 'tuth' whereas everyone else says 't-ooh-th' and people were CONSTANTLY correcting me...and that's just one of many!

It's TOOTH haha
Reply 48
Djmilesno1
It's TOOTH haha

TUTH!!!!!!!!!
Reply 49
MissKtotheT
TUTH!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly how it should be pronounced...! just as long as you're not one of those people that pronounces scone as scon and paracetamol with 'set' in the middle instead of 'seat' ! Now that is extremely annoying!
Reply 50
MissKtotheT
TUTH!!!!!!!!!

TOOOOOTH!!

I always mock Matt and his "Wah-tah'...
Reply 51
tomc87
That's exactly how it should be pronounced...! just as long as you're not one of those people that pronounces scone as scon and paracetamol with 'set' in the middle instead of 'seat' ! Now that is extremely annoying!

Haha I do say 'scon' buttttttt i do say para-seat-amol...there are other things too but I can#t for the life of me think of any of them right now.

TUTH <3
Reply 52
tomc87

You don't want to meet me thern...
Reply 53
MissKtotheT
Haha I do say 'scon' buttttttt i do say para-seat-amol...there are other things too but I can#t for the life of me think of any of them right now.

TUTH <3

Glass - Glarse (hehe funny)
Bath - Barth
Grass - Grarse

etc etc:biggrin:
Reply 54
Djmilesno1
Glass - Glarse (hehe funny)
Bath - Barth
Grass - Grarse

etc etc:biggrin:

:eek:

no no no no no no no no!

GLASS!

BAFF!

GRASS!

and...

CASSLE NOT CARSLE [castle]
Reply 55
Crisps

no no no no no no no no!

GLASS!

BAFF!

GRASS!

and...

Path - Parth
Castle - Carsle

Can't think of anymore ,but you get the idea. South for the win lol
Reply 56
At least it's not as bad as Richard Lucas who doesn't seem to know how he wants to pronounce data. Sometimes is 'dayta', others it's 'darta', and that's within one sentence, never mind lecture!
Reply 57
Crisps

no no no no no no no no!

GLASS!

BAFF!

GRASS!

and...

I agree with chris...though I say Bath not baff :s-smilie:
Reply 58
BexTait
At least it's not as bad as Richard Lucas who doesn't seem to know how he wants to pronounce data. Sometimes is 'dayta', others it's 'darta', and that's within one sentence, never mind lecture!

Don't get me started on Lucas, got another year of him this year:frown:
Reply 59
BexTait

I've got him for two modules this semster [GIS and Remote Sensing], this should be fun!

Latest