BioOx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I have to write a 3000 words essay (something similar to EPQ/EE but has to be more advanced) in maths.
The highest grades received are in applied mathematics and I decided that I am going to do my research in this field ( I have the greatest interest in it)
A bunch of people told me to look into population dynamics but I must admit that I am not that interested in it and have done my essays in this field
I want my essay to deal something with integration, derivatives and trigonometry. The highest grates receive essays that have applied something in real life and or/ created their own formula.

Personally, I had something in my mind but I cannot shape up the ideas. The angular velocity of a body in an elliptical orbit or something in engineering idk

Could you please help me
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
If you're not into population dynamics, maybe applications of Fourier analysis, i.e. signal processing could be of interest? For instance, x-ray imaging is a mathematical inverse problem which aims to recover information from a Radon (or x-ray) transform...this is an integral.
BioOx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
If you're not into population dynamics, maybe applications of Fourier analysis, i.e. signal processing could be of interest? For instance, x-ray imaging is a mathematical inverse problem which aims to recover information from a Radon (or x-ray) transform...this is an integral.
Thank you!
I'll think about it!

Sill looking for more idease
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
If you're interested in planetary orbits maybe look into KAM (Kolmogorov-Arnold-Moser) theory.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (127)
28.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.89%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (59)
13.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.11%

Watched Threads