Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lesbian Muslim AMA Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    Acting upon it is a sin but it doesn't stop you from being a muslim.
    So she can 'think' she is Lesbian but if she gets married to a man then it's all gravy is what you're saying...

How does that help anything?

She is attracted to women. She will meet a female who is also lesbian and will want to be with her. That will be sinful and be against the religion.

I'm not Muslim so will not debate the ins and outs of it but it seems to me that her sexuality and religion are incompatible.

ReputationRep:
    Will you come out to your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxy1331)
    Will you come out to your parents?
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    So she can 'think' she is Lesbian but if she gets married to a man then it's all gravy is what you're saying...

How does that help anything?

She is attracted to women. She will meet a female who is also lesbian and will want to be with her. That will be sinful and be against the religion.

I'm not Muslim so will not debate the ins and outs of it but it seems to me that her sexuality and religion are incompatible.
    Doing a sin doesn't stop you from being a muslim. People who drink alcohol and are muslims are committing a sin and they're aware but that doesn't make you a disbeliever. It's like saying if you like to drink alcohol then you are incompatible with your religion, no. It just means you like alcohol and are aware that it is a sin.

ReputationRep:
    Will you preach Islam or say terrorist organisations claiming to be Muslim are not 'true Muslims'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfricanPrinceXI)
    it takes you outside the fold of Islam.
    A unrelated question, but do you know where this statement originates from? Literally, other than religious statements (salam), it is probably one of the most frequently used phrases I've ever heard.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Doing a sin doesn't stop you from being a muslim. People who drink alcohol and are muslims are committing a sin and they're aware but that doesn't make you a disbeliever. It's like saying if you like to drink alcohol then you are incompatible with your religion, no. It just means you like alcohol and are aware that it is a sin.
    Fair.

I think being gay is a bit bigger than drinking a 'forbidden' drink occasionally.

Of course OP can be a Muslim (although surely her sexuality will make her question the teachings of her religion when it believes being gay is unnatural) but i don't think her community will accept it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I think being gay is a bit bigger than drinking a 'forbidden' drink occasionally.
    Drinking alcohol is a Major sin.

Why do you want to be my friend thoughh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Yeah but drinking for a couple years or being gay for life. I suppose Islam must see the two as both huge sins but i'd imagine the latter would cause far bigger problems to the individual re other Muslims reactions
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      What is the best game in the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might & Magic: Heroes franchise?

ReputationRep:
      A sin is a sin at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
      As long as you don't believe in Shirk then you can still be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
      dammn some of the posts are a bit depressing from OP's point of view. Planetpink it's perfectly okay to be confused - you're in a really confusing situation! Personally I think that there is a good chance you'll find muslims who are accepting of your sexuality in the world, but they may not be as devout as you. I also think that you can follow your heart (to be cliche) and still follow Islam, it just may not be the version of Islam you grew up.
      I'm guessing you're living at home, in which case hiding part of your identity from your parents is probably really difficult - but hey, eventually you can move out and live independently like you mentioned earlier right?

also - would you be in a relationship with a non-muslim?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dreamgirlxx)
      A sin is a sin at the end of the day.
      What do you mean? I'm 100% not saying that it is alright to be gay, all i am saying is it doesn't stop you from being a muslim. It is a huge huge huge sin and is severely punishable but as long as they know it is wrong and they believe in one god with no partners and muhammad saw etc etc then they are still a muslim.

ReputationRep:
      Have you scissored any other lesbian Muslims?

ReputationRep:
      What do you mean? I'm 100% not saying that it is alright to be gay, all i am saying is it doesn't stop you from being a muslim. It is a huge huge huge sin and is severely punishable but as long as they know it is wrong and they believe in one god with no partners and muhammad saw etc etc then they are still a muslim.
      No, that's not what I mean but we you said is true but you also said that drinking alcohol is a "major" sin and I just wanted to say that no sin is more haram as such than any other apart from shirk therefore the OP can still be forgiven if they want to be.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lemonlikelime)
      dammn some of the posts are a bit depressing from OP's point of view. Planetpink it's perfectly okay to be confused - you're in a really confusing situation! Personally I think that there is a good chance you'll find muslims who are accepting of your sexuality in the world, but they may not be as devout as you. I also think that you can follow your heart (to be cliche) and still follow Islam, it just may not be the version of Islam you grew up.
      I'm guessing you're living at home, in which case hiding part of your identity from your parents is probably really difficult - but hey, eventually you can move out and live independently like you mentioned earlier right?

also - would you be in a relationship with a non-muslim?
      I do actually see myself in a relationship with a non Muslim girl in the future. Ive met many and have had actually fallen for one in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nerry)
      Have you scissored any other lesbian Muslims?
      No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dreamgirlxx)
      No, that's not what I mean but we you said is true but you also said that drinking alcohol is a "major" sin and I just wanted to say that no sin is more haram as such than any other apart from shirk therefore the OP can still be forgiven if they want to be.
      Oh well things are forbidden. Like things aren't less forbidden coz that makes no sense lol but the severity of the sin is different. There are major and minor sins. Like for example me swearing is a sin, but it's minor and drinking alcohol is a major sin. Three sins among the top worst sins are Zina (sex before marriage), Murder and Shirk is the worst.
      Like for example; if you are unfocussed in prayer and make a little mistake in ur recitation, that's a minor sin. But if you missed your prayer that is a major sin. The punishment for major sins are worse than the minor sins if u get me.
      It's like speeding and selling drugs are both against the law, but one is a minor offence and one is a major offence and will get u punished more.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.