Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about transferring to another university but remaining in the same course so would start at the new university in second year. Has anyone else done this and got any advice? what was it like making friends and how did you find a flat/accommodation?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by MJohnson4)
    I'm thinking about transferring to another university but remaining in the same course so would start at the new university in second year. Has anyone else done this and got any advice? what was it like making friends and how did you find a flat/accommodation?
    Moved into the University section.

ReputationRep:
    Every case is different. Maybe someone liked it more made loads more friends, and someone else hated it and regretted it.
    Why do you want to change unit?

And don't forget:

Spoiler:
    Show

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJohnson4)
    Hello,

I've never been through this personally but have friends that have been.
    It isn't much different to starting university as normal - of course, experiences can differ. You'll enter a course where everybody is still really open and you can make friends and what not - then you'll enter ones where everybody has their 'cliques' and such and it can be difficult. However, it's the same as usual, it depends how much effort and how approachable you are in order to make friends.

Finding a flat/accommodation works along the same principle really, look at halls and such - if not, look for people advertising rooms. Look at the student section of 'RightMove' and other such websites - it isn't too hard!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    Every case is different. Maybe someone liked it more made loads more friends, and someone else hated it and regretted it.
    Why do you want to change unit?

And don't forget:

Spoiler:
    Show

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence..

Thanks for response, the course I want to move to has option to study abroad which I want to do, also I'm at Newcastle university and originally from the north east and regret not moving away and experiencing somewhere different. (Even thought the NE is great)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello,

I've never been through this personally but have friends that have been.
    It isn't much different to starting university as normal - of course, experiences can differ. You'll enter a course where everybody is still really open and you can make friends and what not - then you'll enter ones where everybody has their 'cliques' and such and it can be difficult. However, it's the same as usual, it depends how much effort and how approachable you are in order to make friends.

Finding a flat/accommodation works along the same principle really, look at halls and such - if not, look for people advertising rooms. Look at the student section of 'RightMove' and other such websites - it isn't too hard!

Good luck!
    Hi, thanks for response think I'm going to wait till end of the year and see if I really want to move

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.