southafrica1102
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everybody! I am currently doing my GCSE Photography and have come to the part of my course where I complete my exam. I have chosen 'gothic' as my theme and would like to explore different ideas that go with this. I have researched gothic architecture and before I continue I would like to know if the 12th to 16th century gothic style and architecture has inspired the goth movements of today. Goth as a style is something I would like to develop from the gothic architecture. Thank you!!
queenoftheiceni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  IMG_5912.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  449.5 KB
(Original post by southafrica1102)
Hi everybody! I am currently doing my GCSE Photography and have come to the part of my course where I complete my exam. I have chosen 'gothic' as my theme and would like to explore different ideas that go with this. I have researched gothic architecture and before I continue I would like to know if the 12th to 16th century gothic style and architecture has inspired the goth movements of today. Goth as a style is something I would like to develop from the gothic architecture. Thank you!!
Hey! You might want to take a look at the Gothic architecture of Whitby Abbey and how it influenced Bram Stoker whilst writing Dracula as this lead to Whitby informally becoming the "Goth capital of the world" and attracting lots of members of the Gothic subcture for meet ups and activities every year. Photo is of me at Whitby Abbey during my 12 year old Goth phase, hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (109)
28.09%
No - I have already returned home (51)
13.14%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (74)
19.07%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.05%
No - I live at home during term anyway (115)
29.64%

Watched Threads