Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When does everyone think we are likely again to hear back from our university choices now that Christmas is over? Perhaps someone already has?

ReputationRep:
    Most people get back to work today don't they , tomorrow at the latest ! So the offices will be open again , same with the unis !!! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid_Fairbank)
    When does everyone think we are likely again to hear back from our university choices now that Christmas is over? Perhaps someone already has?
    I got an offer from Brighton at 17.30 today so they should already be up and running!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    I got an offer from Brighton at 17.30 today so they should already be up and running!
    Congratulations!!! I'm just waiting to hear back from one more but it's my first option 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Most people get back to work today don't they , tomorrow at the latest ! So the offices will be open again , same with the unis !!! Good luck x
    Didn't even think about that 😂 Glad they're open again! Thanks - you too! X

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully soon! I've had four offers and still waiting on UCL since October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    Well hopefully soon! I've had four offers and still waiting on UCL since October
    I've been waiting since the start of Decemeber 😂 Hopefully we hear back soon! I've heard back from four too! Now just waiting on City 😝

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting since the start of Decemeber 😂 Hopefully we hear back soon! I've heard back from four too! Now just waiting on City 😝
    Whoo-hoo! Just out of interest, what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    Whoo-hoo! Just out of interest, what are you applying for?
    I'm applying for Journalism 😝 I've just been asked if I can make an interview too so I'm happy about that!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Journalism 😝 I've just been asked if I can make an interview too so I'm happy about that!!
    Whoooo! Well done!! If you want any interview tips, I'm here to advise, although my interview was certainly informal so I might not be able to give you the full picture

ReputationRep:
    I've had 5/5 offers and I'm so happy😃😃😃 Mathematics degree here I come👌🏽📚

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS application off just before the holidays on the 18th/19th and received a rejection before the holidays from Royal Holloway on the 22nd but received two offers this week!!! One conditional offer from Surrey yesterday for Business Management and Marketing (year in industry) and another conditional the day before from Westminster for the same subject! Waiting on UCL and Brunel now.... Most universities seem to get through applications quite quickly but UCL seem to take longer from what I've read haha! So really depends on the uni... Russel groups I think may take longer or wait until 15th jan to look at all applications to make best decision but others seem pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    Whoooo! Well done!! If you want any interview tips, I'm here to advise, although my interview was certainly informal so I might not be able to give you the full picture
    Thank you!! I may need the help 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenisha1999)
    I sent my UCAS application off just before the holidays on the 18th/19th and received a rejection before the holidays from Royal Holloway on the 22nd but received two offers this week!!! One conditional offer from Surrey yesterday for Business Management and Marketing (year in industry) and another conditional the day before from Westminster for the same subject! Waiting on UCL and Brunel now.... Most universities seem to get through applications quite quickly but UCL seem to take longer from what I've read haha! So really depends on the uni... Russel groups I think may take longer or wait until 15th jan to look at all applications to make best decision but others seem pretty quick
    Well done! I had an offer from Westminster too (well an interview) - I'm not sure if I'm going yet as it's my fourth option! Yes Russell groups are always going to take longer - however my friend has applied to LSE and has been given an offer! Good luck with the rest of your applications!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I had an offer from Westminster too (well an interview) - I'm not sure if I'm going yet as it's my fourth option! Yes Russell groups are always going to take longer - however my friend has applied to LSE and has been given an offer! Good luck with the rest of your applications!

Thankyouuuu and oooh goodluck with your interview! And me too 😊 out of all my options Westminster is something to fall back on if I don't meet grades but UCL is the dream! And aww that's awesome! Gives me hope haha, considering UCL is my first choice it's difficult to
    make decisions without their response! Where else have you apPlied and what subject??

ReputationRep:
    Got a law offer from Bristol last night. Some of them open earlier - Bristol opened on the 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyouuuu and oooh goodluck with your interview! And me too 😊 out of all my options Westminster is something to fall back on if I don't meet grades but UCL is the dream! And aww that's awesome! Gives me hope haha, considering UCL is my first choice it's difficult to
    make decisions without their response! Where else have you apPlied and what subject??
    I bet you're desperate to hear back from UCL! 😂 I have applied to study Journalism!! I've applied to City - I have an interview, Roehampton - they have given me an unconditional, Kent - interview, Westminster - interview and West London - unconditional 😂 I wanted to be London based - I only live in Essex but wanted to study in a City! 😝
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Exeter on 7th December. I expect to hear back around February-March.

How did RH reject you but Surrey which is like 6th offer you
      Lmao their loss. I hate it when universities try and increase their standards in applications when really with their overall rank it doesnt make sense lol

ReputationRep:
      I bet you're desperate to hear back from UCL! 😂 I have applied to study Journalism!! I've applied to City - I have an interview, Roehampton - they have given me an unconditional, Kent - interview, Westminster - interview and West London - unconditional 😂 I wanted to be London based - I only live in Essex but wanted to study in a City! 😝
      I really am haha! And niceeee degree and uni choices! OMGGG congrats, unconditionals are so hard to get your grades and PS must be amazing!!! Good to hear you've received responses from your unis! Yeaaah, mine tend to be London based too or borderline, it'd just be awesome to study in central London! Even though I live in London, I want to be in a university more towards central just because theres so much you can do in the area!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.