Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel betrayed, do I dump her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Who are you to decide that for everyone exactly?
    To be honest I think she might dump you first for your attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    She just didn't feel like sharing the whole truth with you, probably wanted to wait until you were ready. Why does the number of sexual partners actually matter? Having sex is not a crime.
    It's just something I am disgusted by. I just don't find girls with long sexual histories attractive. It's just my preference.

ReputationRep:
    unless one of these sexual partners was during the time you've been together i really don't see your problem...

if she's loyal to you and you're loyal to her is there really any reason to end it? like you say, they're past partners? put yourself in her shoes and think about it
    • Political Ambassador

It's just something I am disgusted by. I just don't find girls with long sexual histories attractive. It's just my preference.
    Then you two are not compatible. Simple as that, no need to insult and disrespect her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Then you two are not compatible. Simple as that, no need to insult and disrespect her.
    Where have I insulted and disrespected her? By speaking the truth about the fact that she lied and is a hypocrite?
    • TSR Support Team

Bottom line is if you don't like it then finish it, maybe she was afraid she would be judged by her past, clearly that is what is happening here. I personally think she deserves a better guy who isn't so judgemental.

ReputationRep:
    Haha always love this, girl has slept around before she gets into a more serious relationship, what a slut, she's easy, I should be concerned etc. Guy sleeps around beforehand, eh to be expected, what a lad, he's experienced etc. She lied because we still have it stuck in our culture that for some reason girls can't have casual sex where as guys can. There also seems to be a bit of a thing where guys seem more intimidated by a girl who's very experienced, maybe because they're more concerned with her comparing them to former partners than females are vice versa.

That said a lie is a lie I suppose, if it's too much for you end the relationship, you shouldn't have to ask us what your gut instinct is.
    • Political Ambassador

Where have I insulted and disrespected her? By speaking the truth about the fact that she lied and is a hypocrite?
    You deleted your post in which you called her a slut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Bottom line is if you don't like it then finish it, maybe she was afraid she would be judged by her past, clearly that is what is happening here. I personally think she deserves a better guy who isn't so judgemental.
    Having a preference and being angry you were lied to is being judgemental these days I guess. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    She lied, yet suddenly she's the victim? Stop victim blaming me please.
    You are clearly upset about it and that's understandable but you have to understand why she would, is lying something that she will continue to do? If so break up with her if not then I am sure you can sort things out.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by joey11223)
    Haha always love this, girl has slept around before she gets into a more serious relationship, what a slut, she's easy, I should be concerned etc. Guy sleeps around beforehand, eh to be expected, what a lad, he's experienced etc. She lied because we still have it stuck in our culture that for some reason girls can't have casual sex where as guys can. There also seems to be a bit of a thing where guys seem more intimidated by a girl who's very experienced, maybe because they're more concerned with her comparing them to former partners than females are vice versa.

That said a lie is a lie I suppose, if it's too much for you end the relationship, you shouldn't have to ask us what your gut instinct is.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    (Original post by joey11223)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

Not my fault if most girls don't mind a guy who has had a long sexual history, while guys do. It's just preference.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, it doesn't matter what she did. She still lied. Honesty is key in the relationship. I'm sure if it was the other way around everyone would be piling on the guy and tearing him apart. Why does she get special treatment just because she's a woman. If he made it clear to her that it was something that would make him uncomfortable at the start of the relationship, and she lied, then it's on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AIDS Skrillex)
    TSR is the worst place to make a thread about this. It's extremely gynocentric and full of feminists. You've already decided what you want to do.
    The real truth is that a woman's sexual past doesn't matter because of how easily women stop caring about their own past. Throughout history women were raped, taken as war brides, used as bribes and generally brutalised so badly that they are easily able to meant their broken hearts and fall in love with new men, because that is survival to them. Sometimes when I say a woman's past doesn't matter to the social conservatives, I sound like a progressive, but actually my views are even darker than that.

Women blank slate like nothing else like the **** the previous man right out of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    She just didn't feel like sharing the whole truth with you,.
    Isn't that called lying? I get what you mean, but it's hard to tell when a little secrecy becomes complete deception.

If she really thought it was okay why didn't she just tell the truth? People only lie when they know they have done something wrong.
    • TSR Support Team

I think that is enough for this thread, only going to cause more arguments, so thread locked.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.