Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

24 yo decided to do something an attend uni... Watch

ReputationRep:
    But the hardest choice, is study what and how to get there.

ReputationRep:
    Do You have a levels or equivalent ? What sort of subjects did you enjoy in previous education and what subjects do you enjoy now !? What sort of career are you looking for ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hills92)
    Sometimes you need to start at the end. What do you want to do? What career do you want? If you're really not sure, what things do you enjoy?

Generally, you need some kind of level 3 qualification. This might be A Levels, or an Access course, or a BTEC. You'll also need a level 2 qualification or GCSE in maths and English.

ReputationRep:
    Just apply, at the age of 24 y/o you probably don't even need Alevels. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    What previous qualifications do you have?

ReputationRep:
    C in Maths and English at GCSE level.
    Double A in IT.
    At College I did a Dida Course which I came out with A, A, B and a C.
    I have a few qualifications from other courses I did such as A BTEC in IT and certificates from
    A Btec Diploima in IT too.
    5 Years work experience in a heavily based customer service business, where the past year I have been a duty manager.

I enjoy aspects such as Customer service, problem solving, Infomation technology, I prefer numbers over words.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    C in Maths and English at GCSE level.
    Double A in IT.
    At College I did a Dida Course which I came out with A, A, B and a C.
    I have a few qualifications from other courses I did such as A BTEC in IT and certificates from
    A Btec Diploima in IT too.
    5 Years work experience in a heavily based customer service business, where the past year I have been a duty manager.

I enjoy aspects such as Customer service, problem solving, Infomation technology, I prefer numbers over words.
    You probably won't need to take any more GCSEs as you have maths and English.

If you want to study IT at uni, you may be able to be accepted based on your current BTEC, although it does depend on the exact title of the qualification.

If you want any other degree, your best option may be an Access course, which is a one year course designed for uni entry. Alternatively, you could consider distance learning with The Open University.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.