Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is just some preliminary enquires for 2018.

Im going to start with some backstory here so prepare for a wall of text.

When I left school i didnt have the grades to get into my chosen course and I did the summer school program (not sure if thats still going so i'll explain that too, it was a course you could do which guaranteed a place if you passed) to gain entry to it. I completed that and I passed the first year. Unfortunately due to a somewhat embarrassing illness.... (which I told no one about until I left so.... yeah) my grades slipped to the point where I could either resit the second year or drop out and I chose to drop out. After which I went on jobseakers and they forced me to get the uni to write a letter saying that I can no longer go back to that course (still bitter about that) thankfully the uni refused that and compromised.

Its been about five years since then and i'm considering going back to study the same course since ive saved up enough money to fund my first year's tuition and general costs if I keep up my job as a part timer and hopefully i can get saas to help with the other three years since Ive used two years of funding and they provide five (at least from what ive heard, I haven't spoke to them about it yet since I expect they will be a bit busy right now with all the applications). But after this long speel I have to ask your opinion.

What do you think my chances of being accepted to restart the course? Is there any hope for them accepting me back since I technically dont have the grades for It and I havent been working in a related role or am I sol?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.