Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about not sleeping? Help please! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about not being able to sleep, I think I worry more about it when I've got a lot of work and tests to do etc. I slept about 4/5 hours last night and I just couldn't sleep at all - I hate that feeling so much. I'm worried the same will happen tonight and all week and will affect my revision etc. Anyone got any thoughts/words of reassurance? Thanking yousss
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethistu7)
    I'm really worried about not being able to sleep, I think I worry more about it when I've got a lot of work and tests to do etc. I slept about 4/5 hours last night and I just couldn't sleep at all - I hate that feeling so much. I'm worried the same will happen tonight and all week and will affect my revision etc. Anyone got any thoughts/words of reassurance? Thanking yousss
    You can google techniques to help you sleep. Some options are relaxing before going to bed (bath, meditation etc), avoiding the use of screens for about an hour before bed, calming scents, familiar or relaxing music. Probably the most important thing though is trying to find the cause because then you can target your actions and have more success.

Stress is a bit cause of sleep related issues and from this it sounds like it might apply to you. You can also google ways to manage stress, but a good option is some counselling or therapy to help you explore the reasons for your stress and help you work out how to reduce it. Depending on severity you may also find it helpful to talk to your doctor and your school as they will open up more options and support for you.

ReputationRep:
    I would reccomend that you practise rising and sleeping at the exact same time daily, and cut out naps alltogether. As well as this, try some low intensity exersise before bed, and when trying to sleep, adopt a pattern of deep breathing by inhaling and holding for five seconds before exhaling to relax yourself. Also try to use your bed for only sleep, to pyschologically program your brain to enter that state when lying in bed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rocking the same boat over here went to bed at 9 last night but was still awake at 2 and then got up at 7

eat 1g melatonin

ReputationRep:
      Go to Youtube and look up talking meditation - loads to choose from, but put simply doing ten minutes on mobile phone whilst falling asleep, helps to get to sleep and the sleep has a better quality. I do it every night because I used to have panic attacks daily for over three years. Not had a panic attack now for 12 years!!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.