Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S4U3RM4NN)
    Yes City is great. Heard a lot of good things.

Really? I'm not that sure about Greenwich. Probably prefer QMUL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Today morning I received my offer from Greenwich! I'd go there if it is the only uni that accepts me

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I applied for computer science and I've only received one offer from Surrey so far. I have an interview with Essex in February and I'm still waiting for responses from Southampton, Birmingham and Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabioulos)
    Today morning I received my offer from Greenwich! I'd go there if it is the only uni that accepts me
    Congrats! Same here, when not receiving an offer at QMUL or Surrey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    Current 1st year compsci at Uni of Manchester if you have any questions! I also got into Durham if you have any questions about their applications (I turned them down). Good luck!
    Is it difficult at Manchester? Would I struggle given the fact that I have a strong mathematical background, but very little coding experience?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    I've applied for Comp Sci/Software Engineering at Aber, Leicester, Bangor, Swansea, and Staffordshire.

I've got conditional offers from Aber, Bangor and Swansea. Waiting on Leicester and Staffordshire. Oh, and I'll have an unconditional from Aber when I ace the entrance scholarships at the end of this month :cool:

Spoiler:
    Show

Inb4 I fail miserably

Hey!

Great to hear that you have applied for Staffs.

I graduated from Staffs in 2013 and I now work here so let me know if you have any questions.

Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theraker)
    Is it difficult at Manchester? Would I struggle given the fact that I have a strong mathematical background, but very little coding experience?
    No, maths is by far the more important subject to have a strong background in. The Java module starts from the very very beginning and assumes that you have absolutely no programming experience so you will be absolutely fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    No, maths is by far the more important subject to have a strong background in. The Java module starts from the very very beginning and assumes that you have absolutely no programming experience so you will be absolutely fine!
    Cheers!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm a second year Computer Science with placement student at Bath. Do let me know if you have any questions about the course / placement scheme and what I've found good / bad about being a student here!

Cheers,

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i need help i'm from pakistan and i want to apply for master in computer science in uk ? My cgpa is 2.5/4 so could you please tell me in which university should i apply ? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi , could you tell me their requirements for ms in computer science?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to KCL, Loughborough, Exeter, Brunel and Southampton.
    Got turned down by Southampton (was a long shot), got offers from KCL, Loughborugh and Brunel
    Waiting on Exeter - seem to be taking forever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aksh282)
    Applied to KCL, Loughborough, Exeter, Brunel and Southampton.
    Got turned down by Southampton (was a long shot), got offers from KCL, Loughborugh and Brunel
    Waiting on Exeter - seem to be taking forever!
    Congrats, KCL is nice. I know that feeling, still waiting for QMUL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.