Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for two undergraduate marketing courses at Strathclyde and was wondering if I could get conditions with the grades I got last year which were AABB even though the entry requirements are AAAB (SQA highers). Am I right in saying it is more or less impossible for me to get an unconditional offer? I'm just becoming a bit worried as a lot of my friends have received offers from Strathclyde already.

Thanks in advanced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhnana)
    I've applied for two undergraduate marketing courses at Strathclyde and was wondering if I could get conditions with the grades I got last year which were AABB even though the entry requirements are AAAB (SQA highers). Am I right in saying it is more or less impossible for me to get an unconditional offer? I'm just becoming a bit worried as a lot of my friends have received offers from Strathclyde already.

Thanks in advanced
    No, it is not impossible. It depends very much on competition and their assessment of your suitability based on your personal statement. I would say you have a good chance of an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    No, it is not impossible. It depends very much on competition and their assessment of your suitability based on your personal statement. I would say you have a good chance of an unconditional offer.
    Wow, that's reassured me I guess. I thought I would have to meet the minimum entry requirements to even have a chance of getting an unconditional? If it wasn't and unconditional, what do you think the conditions would be like?

Thanks for your response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhnana)
    Wow, that's reassured me I guess. I thought I would have to meet the minimum entry requirements to even have a chance of getting an unconditional? If it wasn't and unconditional, what do you think the conditions would be like?

Thanks for your response
    Since you already have your results, the offer has to be either yes or no, and yes means unconditional. I don't know if it would help your case by contacting them directly to express your eagerness for the course and the university. Personally, I don't think there is any harm. Start with an email to the Admissions Officer or the Lecturer in charge of Admissions - check on website, these information are always provided. Nothing to lose and all to gain. Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.