The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Bad Idea To Apply to Nottingham?

Hey!
I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham university for vet.science but from what i've heard, taking such a decision maybe the worst idea of my life. I come from the north-west (near Liverpool) and I aint exactly used to crime of any description really.
So I was jus wonderin if anyone know anythin about the area where the vet campus is and whether its safe(er) than what i've come to hear.
I dont like the idea of being stabbed :frown:
From what I have been reading around the forum, crime in nottingham has been blown over by the news. There are good areas and bad areas. Still, im not from nottingham, and it will be my first year there as well. So, not too sure really.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The sutton Bonnington campus is in the middle of the countryside and a farm. Its also closer to Loughborough than Nottingham. Crime should not be an issue.
Reply 3
I lived there last year. Seriously we're a good 10 minutes drive from the Loughborough let alone Nottingham.
Reply 4
Yep, you're pretty much in the countryside so no need to worry!
Reply 5
Don't be silly...any city carries risks with it and Nottingham will be no worse than going to say, Liverpool or RVC. Also, don't know how far you've looked into it, but the vet school is in the middle of the countryside. It's in a little village called Sutton Bonington, near a slightly larger place called Kegworth - which is where a lot of people seem to be moving after their first year in halls.
You really don't have anything to worry about. The whole crime thing is an issue anywhere and it don't half get blown out of proportion!
Pick the vet school you like based on the vet school, rather than a load of hyped up press about a city you won't even be living in :wink:
Reply 6
Same as what people have said above really. And also, coming from the liverpool area you must me able to see that maybe the news does just exaggerate the crime thing, like the amount of times i've had the 'ooo a scouser, watch your wallet' etc joke made at me, when in reality i've lived in liverpool all my life and never had anything stolen from me, so i'm guessing the same applies for nottingham, just look at it that way. Go on apply to the best vet school in the UK (no bias there at all).
people likke you really make me laugh.
ther is crime everywhere.
and its not like your just gonna randomly be stabbed by some guy, walking down the street.
basically just use common sense when your out, and dont get sperated from your friends when your drunk.

i mean im from manchester.
and there is loads of gun crime and things where my college is.
but as long as your not involved with gangs or get involved
your okay really.
Reply 8
Huh. Well I have to say thats all boosted my confidence.
Thinking about it now, it should be alright aslong as I stay out the way :P
Thanks for the advice and i'm glad I made you laugh Sparkle :P
Reply 9
Honestly if you EVER have any doubts about it, come and visit the vet campus.

You're more likely to get shot by a farmer than by a member of a gang :wink:
Reply 10
The ol' crime worries again. From what I've seen of Nottingham its one of the nicest cities ever. I may feel differenty ina weeks time

Latest

Trending

Trending