ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    We have 4 candidates so far I see

Why do you wish to run for speaker? :holmes:

Posted from OtherWorld
    Because he likes crushing defeats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I am not sure if you are joking but this is the same guy who wanted to kill old people, invade a country to save birds, build a tunnel to Ireland, replace the calendar, nationalise dead people.
    :lolwut: wait what!?! I was not aware of this (your not joking tho are you) erm.....thanks for telling me, I'm now reconsidering my vote now :unsure:

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: wait what!?! I was not aware of this (your not joking tho are you) erm.....thanks for telling me, I'm now reconsidering my vote now :unsure:

Posted from OtherWorld
    You should read my reply to that... sand the speaker is non-political so that doesn't matter.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Because he likes crushing defeats
    Inb4 I win and you regret your words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You should read my reply to that... sand the speaker is non-political so that doesn't matter.

So he was joking then?

I only wanted to vote for you because your the only I know out from the candidates and your a decent guy despite your political views :yep:

But I'll wait until everyone submitted their manifesto before deciding

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So he was joking then?

I only wanted to vote for you because your the only I know out from the candidates and your a decent guy despite your political views :yep:

But I'll wait until everyone submitted their manifesto before deciding

Posted from OtherWorld
    I have proposed all of them one time or another. Mostly as jokes but the third and last one were serious.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

No speaker is apolitical, anybody who genuinely believe a they are is quite frankly a moron, as I expect will be seen with whoever is elected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I have proposed all of them one time or another. Mostly as jokes but the third and last one were serious.
    Building a tunnel to Ireland and nationalise dead people? wtf lol

Care to explain? Especially nationalise dead people :wtf:

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Posted from OtherWorld
    I think it was something like they don't need their body so let the state use them for fuel or something like that, quite frankly I think "nationalise all people" would be just as likely a policy position

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from OtherWorld
    I suggested that building a train tunnel to Ireland would help boot both our economies.

And we are running out of graveyard space and the dead are dead, they don't need their bodies. So I suggested that we should have compulsory organ harvesting along with foced cremation or you donate your body to science when you die because burying it in a coffin is selfish.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if you are joking but this is the same guy who wanted to kill old people, invade a country to save birds, build a tunnel to Ireland, replace the calendar, nationalise dead people.
    Why did you bring up the tunnel? That still haunts me. :eek:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Do not be selfish, we all know you would love for a big MHoC contingent to ride a battle bus to Ireland for a visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I suggested that building a train tunnel to Ireland would help boot both our economies.

And we are running out of graveyard space and the dead are dead, they don't need their bodies. So I suggested that we should have compulsory organ harvesting along with foced cremation or you donate your body to science when you die because burying it in a coffin is selfish.
    I can kinda understand the tunnel, but wtf with the whole compulsory cremation and donating organs!?! :lolwut: I don't agree with this that's messed up :fuhrer:

(Original post by Airmed)
    Why does it haunt you?

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I can kinda understand the tunnel, but wtf with the whole compulsory cremation and donating organs!?! :lolwut: I don't agree with this that's messed up :fuhrer:

Why does it haunt you?

Posted from OtherWorld
    But they are dead, the needs of the living come above the wants of the dead don't they?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Do not be selfish, we all know you would love for a big MHoC contingent to ride a battle bus to Ireland for a visit.
    Oh, hey, Nige. How are you?

And no, I wouldn't. :rofl: I prefer living out of Ireland right now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Why does it haunt you?
    The absurdity of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    But they are dead, the needs of the living come above the wants of the dead don't they?
    That goes against human rights and freedom :fuhrer: people bury the dead due to religious beliefs, culture and traditions. You can't take that away from them, they should have the right to practise their beliefs and traditions. You can't force people to cremate the dead and donate their organs. We must respect the dead.

No one in the right mind would even vote for this lol what kind of effed up society do you wanna live in :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That goes against human rights and freedom :fuhrer: people bury the dead due to religious beliefs, culture and traditions. You can't take that away from them, they should have the right to practise their beliefs and traditions. You can't force people to cremate the dead and donate their organs. We must respect the dead.

No one in the right mind would even vote for this lol what kind of effed up society do you wanna live in :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld
    Aph doesn't believe in traditions like that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from OtherWorld
    Become irrelevant when yours impeach on others.
    Religion, culture and tradition are not arguments for doing something. If it is clearly a detriment to society people shouldn't do it. We used to drown witches for religion and cultural reasons do you want to do it again? Why do the rights of the dead outweighs the rights of the living? They are dead they aren't important.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I am today announcing that I will be running for speaker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I am today announcing that I will be running for speaker
    Aph is so scared!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.