Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    The house needs someone reliable, someone trustworthy, someone who will get on with the job...

I am pleased to announce my candidature for 19th speaker of our MHOC
    If elected would you have to resign as deputy leader of the tory party?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Yes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Yes, I would have to!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would have to!
    How do you feel about competing against your former number 2 and possibly your current boss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    How do you feel about competing against your former number 2 and possibly your current boss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you trying to make reference to Mr Farage?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying to make reference to Mr Farage?
    Indeed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Indeed.
    I feel happy and content competing against Mr Farage and wish him all the best. As for the 'Current boss' What utter nonsense!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I feel happy and content competing against Mr Farage and wish him all the best. As for the 'Current boss' What utter nonsense!
    I forgot LP isn't leader anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I forgot LP isn't leader anymore...
    This just proves that even his excellency, the supreme leader is human.

He makes simple mistakes like the best of us which shows his connection with the rest of the house as just a standard bloke, which makes him suitable to serve as Speaker.

#Aph4Speaker
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, I wish adam9317 luck in the Speakership election which looks to be close at the moment with the candidates who have declared their intentions. It should be noted, Aph , Adam departed UKIP on good terms, there were no arguments, there was no falling out, and we have kept in regular contact. The competition will be friendly with the winner having the respect of the loser: I do not see the basis for your suggestive question.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would have to!
    Along with changing your signature and your avatar!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The house needs someone reliable, someone trustworthy, someone who will get on with the job...

I am pleased to announce my candidature for 19th speaker of our MHOC
    If you were elected, would you have to downgrade to being a CA?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    No, mods that are Speaker get both CA and mod powers and keep their purple.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    No, mods that are Speaker get both CA and mod powers and keep their purple.
    Ahh, fair enough:yy:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm working on my manifesto!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Along with changing your signature and your avatar!
    Yes, thats might go and change that now!

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    SF has answered this, but if voted in I would speak to Danny/ whoever else and see if my role within the ST could be postponed/ reduced input, as I would rather devote more time to the speakership role as opposed to ST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Become irrelevant when yours impeach on others.
    Religion, culture and tradition are not arguments for doing something. If it is clearly a detriment to society people shouldn't do it. We used to drown witches for religion and cultural reasons do you want to do it again? Why do the rights of the dead outweighs the rights of the living? They are dead they aren't important.
    When you prevent people from practicing their religion,culture or tradtions your taking away their freedom, its a free country after all. Just like you have the right to your atheistic views so why can't everyone eles? So your saying dead aren't important, so it wouldn't bother you if your mum got cremated and someone pee on your mum ashes? because the dead aren't important after all
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    When you prevent people from practicing their religion,culture or tradtions your taking away their freedom, its a free country after all. Just like you have the right to your atheistic views so why can't everyone eles? So your saying dead aren't important, so it wouldn't bother you if your mum got cremated and someone pee on your mum ashes? because the dead aren't important after all
    No it isn't a free country. Only anarcho-communist countries are truly free.

I'm saying that the dead are less important then those who are alive. Or do you think that we should prioritise the needs of the dead over those of the living? And religion and culture get shaped by the law and society around them. People will object for a short while because there are always people who like to whinge but within a generation it will just be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Can't naff the Aph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    No it isn't a free country. Only anarcho-communist countries are truly free.

I'm saying that the dead are less important then those who are alive. Or do you think that we should prioritise the needs of the dead over those of the living? And religion and culture get shaped by the law and society around them. People will object for a short while because there are always people who like to whinge but within a generation it will just be accepted.
    You do realise no one in the right mind will support this, right? you have people rioting on streets and out for the person head who made that bill. I get where your coming from, eventrully us humans would have used up all the available space to bury the dead and there will be no more space to bury them. But forcing people to cremate and donate organs is not the answer. Why not just bury them in the sea or something or just send people off in to outer space lol :lol:

Tbh lets just agree to diagree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.