Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    True, me too!
    The election of Speaker reminds when Morgsie stood when paddy resigned. Paddy added 'I kiss trains' to Morgsies manifesto! Poor Morgsie, I wonder how he is?

How are you these days?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    The election of Speaker reminds when Morgsie stood when paddy resigned. Paddy added 'I kiss trains' to Morgsies manifesto! Poor Morgsie, I wonder how he is?

How are you these days?
    Morgsie disappeared long ago, possibly on a train

I'm well thanks - you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Morgsie left for the other place.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

How are you these days?

I'm well thanks - you?
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Morgsie left for the other place.
    Haha, yes I did indeed. I think I also added a mostly naked man in a pikachu outfit to TCIT's manifesto as well. Those were the days :moon: We shall never see the like again

Last I knew, he was indeed on Reddit. No idea if he thrived. Another old member here knew him and I think said he was alright, but I don't really remember. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Haha, yes I did indeed. I think I also added a mostly naked man in a pikachu outfit to TCIT's manifesto as well. Those were the days :moon: We shall never see the like again

Last I knew, he was indeed on Reddit. No idea if he thrived. Another old member here knew him and I think said he was alright, but I don't really remember. :dontknow:
    There were some horrible people on Reddit, with some encouraging him to commit suicide. But they have been banned.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is what is says about him on the Reddit Wiki. It doesn't look as if he had the best career there:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    There were some horrible people on Reddit, with some encouraging him to commit suicide. But they have been banned.
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    This is what is says about him on the Reddit Wiki. It doesn't look as if he had the best career there:
    He meant well, but unfortunately didn't have the necessary emotional intelligence to prosper online where people are not going to go out of their way to mother him. Telling him to commit suicide, and other abhorrent things, is another level of reaction which is knowingly pernicious and not something that should be tolerated at all. As much as I like to disparage people, I think that it is important that internet communities like this strive to be as inclusive as is practicable. Morgsie had the requisite interest and dedication, but was unable to mollify other people's opinion of him and thus was alienated. Much of the Morgsie drama happened during one of my breaks, but I seem to remember many of the issues were of his own making. Such is life. One chapter in a long MHoC history.

I sincerely hope he has found some way to be happy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Telling him to commit suicide
    It's horrible that people could say such things, even if he was annyoing them.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I occasionally had a peek over there to see how he was getting on and some of the stuff that he was subjected to was absolutely vile. It wasn't just the suggestions that he should commit suicide. There were the horrible videos made as well - there is no doubt in my mind that those people who were banned got off very lightly on what really was probably a police matter.

He meant well, but unfortunately didn't have the necessary emotional intelligence to prosper online where people are not going to go out of their way to mother him. Telling him to commit suicide, and other abhorrent things, is another level of reaction which is knowingly pernicious and not something that should be tolerated at all. As much as I like to disparage people, I think that it is important that internet communities like this strive to be as inclusive as is practicable. Morgsie had the requisite interest and dedication, but was unable to mollify other people's opinion of him and thus was alienated. Much of the Morgsie drama happened during one of my breaks, but I seem to remember many of the issues were of his own making. Such is life. One chapter in a long MHoC history.

I sincerely hope he has found some way to be happy.
    I think that the problem was that there were several minor things which happened early on during his time here which gave people a bad impression of him and which he struggled to change. While admittedly action was taken against some of the perpetrators, the problem was that he could never let what happened go and he would then attack people before they had a go at him, dragging up what happened in the past. Initially it was bullying here, but I would argue it eventually became six of one and half a dozen of the other.

ReputationRep:

I'm well thanks - you?

Okay, on maternity leave, my son was born in late September.

(Original post by toronto353)
    I occasionally had a peek over there to see how he was getting on and some of the stuff that he was subjected to was absolutely vile. It wasn't just the suggestions that he should commit suicide. There were the horrible videos made as well - there is no doubt in my mind that those people who were banned got off very lightly on what really was probably a police matter.

I think that the problem was that there were several minor things which happened early on during his time here which gave people a bad impression of him and which he struggled to change. While admittedly action was taken against some of the perpetrators, the problem was that he could never let what happened go and he would then attack people before they had a go at him, dragging up what happened in the past. Initially it was bullying here, but I would argue it eventually became six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    Gosh that is so horrible, imagine having nothing to do apart tormenting someone online.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Those were the days indeed! Those manifestos were hilarious.

Okay, on maternity leave, my son was born in late September.
    A bit late but congratulations!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This has now progressed to the Q&A stage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.