Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saving money, can I stay with gf/bf in a double studio? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I want to live with my girlfriend at uni, the double studio is £269 so can we stay together? is there any rules against it (that we can break) also any thoughts on sharing a studio (please don't talk about socializing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danj610)
    So I want to live with my girlfriend at uni, the double studio is £269 so can we stay together? is there any rules against it (that we can break) also any thoughts on sharing a studio (please don't talk about socializing)
    Hmm only thing that comes to mind is what would happen if you two break up, that would be a very uncomfortable situation.It would be a lot cheaper than two single studios/ rooms but, seeing each other everyday at the same university would be quite a lot for your partner possibly, and on top of that you guys will live together. Everyone needs there own space every now and then which would be difficult to achieve when you are living together and going to the same university. Also it of interest are you doing the same course as your partner because that would be overkill.

ReputationRep:
    I knew of one private hall which allowed couples to rent (providing they were both students) a studio together

I do think you should bear in mind that a double studio is usually still not huge and will probably feel quite cramped with two people in there and you will have no escape from each other. I wouldn't break any rules because, aside from practicalities like only having one key, if anyone finds out you could both be in trouble and one of you at least left with nowhere to live.

If you're only 18 (which I assume you are since you're asking this) I would really recommend just living apart for a year, you can still see each other every day, stay over every night if you want to but it gives yo both more protection, a bit of your own space and less stress - plus you can actually make other friends. It might feel like you don't care about other friends now but healthy relationships which last are ones where both parties have friends and space outside the relationship too and you don't want to start resenting each other.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Does that price include bills or are they seperate, because i don't se any problem rent wise of more than one person living there. But Bill wise 2 people would use more gas and electricity than 1 x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.