The Student Room Group

Stupid me?

Ok, well I'm going to explain my situation, and then maybe u'll be able to help me with my situation with my ex bf.

Well, once upon a time, I met this boy and we hit it off right away and dated for a few months. Then we broke up because we never saw each other (we go to different schools). But then we both got new boy/girlfriends, but we stayed good friends (although mostly over msn/phone). And a few weeks ago, when I had just broken up with my latest boyfriend, he wanted to take me to party to cheer me up. So I went and I had a fun with him.

So anyways, then a bit later, we hung out again, and we both admitted we were having feelings for each other. But i didn't want anything to really happen, because I had just broken up with my boyfriend. So then we decided to keep hanging out like friends, and see what happened, and not to jump into anything(like a relationship).

But then.. i did something stupid, well I was at my other friends house, and he was there, so I went over to his house after, and we did stuff.

Well now, Im not sure where we stand, I mean, he said he wants to hang out with me again, but I really regret what I did with him. I mean, I like him still and I wanted to take thing slow with him. Honestly, if we dont go out I wouldn't mind if we had a sort of friends with benefits with him, but I dont want to do anything like if we do eventually go out.

I'm kinda nervous to talk to him about it, cuz i dont want to offend him ( I mean, if he really does like me, and i ask him about friends/benefits.. that could be bad). But i want to know what he thinks.

I know that I shouldn't of done anything with him, when i didnt know where we stood, but I dont know if I can really say "its never happening again" if in fact, it is sumthing that will......

sorry for the long post, but please let me know what you think
Just take it as it comes, if you hang out together again and he just assumes somethings going to happen and you dont feel comfortable with it, then just tell him. And if not, then have fun :p: Im sure he's in the same position as you anyway, wondering where he stands!
Reply 2
Hi :smile:

You must be really confused at the moment and that may be why you do not know what to do. Getting over a recent spilt can be a confusing time and this maybe why you found comfort in your friend.

My advice... maybe if you feel like talking to him explain that you are not thinking straight at the moment and that just for now you hope that you can stay friends.

Friendship anyday lasts a lot longer :wink: and if one thing leads on to another then you know that is was with a friend who you trust and not with a stranger.

I hope this helps and you get it sorted soon. it would be a shame to lose your freindship that seems by your post really special to you.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice.

I think I will see what happens with it. Because I know he is my friend, so he will understand if I tell him if I'm not comfortable doing anything.
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending