Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Welbeck 2017 entry through the DESG. I'd like to know what the selection process is like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcharles17)
    I am applying for Welbeck 2017 entry through the DESG. I'd like to know what uniform is worn by the DESG students and what the selection process is like.
    Better get that application form in soon

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Welbeck 2017 entry through the DESG. I'd like to know what uniform is worn by the DESG students and what the selection process is like.
    Have you even been to the Welbeck website? Most of this is talked about...

ReputationRep:
    Dat Guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Have you even been to the Welbeck website? Most of this is talked about...
    Yeah, I've been through the Welbeck website and I have been up to the college itself, however at the time I was looking to apply through the RAF. However, I now know that I'd prefer to go down the DESG route. As a result of this, I did not acquire much information about the DESG on the open day at Welbeck.

I was looking for more information about the selection days and what health and fitness requirements there are.

ReputationRep:
    1.5 mile run in under 11:30
    44 sit ups in 2 mins
    35 press-ups in 2 mins
    i believe

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've been through the Welbeck website and I have been up to the college itself, however at the time I was looking to apply through the RAF. However, I now know that I'd prefer to go down the DESG route. As a result of this, I did not acquire much information about the DESG on the open day at Welbeck.

I was looking for more information about the selection days and what health and fitness requirements there are.
    How did the application go?
    ~Hope x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramers)
    1.5 mile run in under 11:30
    44 sit ups in 2 mins
    35 press-ups in 2 mins
    i believe
    Mens:
    1.5mile run - 10:30
    44 Pressups in 2 mins
    50 Sit-ups in 2 mins

Women:
    1.5mile run - 13:00
    21 Press-ups in 2 mins
    50 Sit-ups in 2 mins

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.