The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont think its really necessary.I got one in first year,everyone did but I dont know of anyone who used it.
Just as long as you make a timetable of all your lectures and seminars,club meetings etc until you get into the routine will be fine.
Reply 2
I had an academic diary and it kept me thouroughly organised throughout my first year. I would get one, its allows you to keep track of coursework.
Reply 3
You might be able to get a wall-planner from the freshers fair so it will save you a bit of cash. I tend to use my phone as I have it with me pretty much all the time.
Reply 4
get the "notepad widget" so that its always on your screen. i had it installed by default on my new Sony TZ...its awesome.
Reply 5
Probably wouldn't need it for your first and second year - third year, then yes get one.

You'll get numerous wall planners during Freshers week though
Reply 6
ok thanks everyone for your replies i think i'll just wait until freshers and see what i can get my hands on :smile:
Reply 7
just get a calander stick it on the wall and write up everything on that! its not like you would carry your planner everywhere with you anyways xx
Reply 8
i got one from tescos the other day. without one i will forget stuff, but it depends how many things you have have going on
I didn't get one myself, just because my week revolved around a set pattern. I did have a whiteboard and pen for scrawling reminders and notes for stuff.
Reply 10
One of my housemates has a chalkboard in his room. Not particularly portable, but it seems to work for him.
Reply 11
FadeToBlackout
I didn't get one myself, just because my week revolved around a set pattern. I did have a whiteboard and pen for scrawling reminders and notes for stuff.

Oooh, where did you get your whiteboard from? Because I really want one to write and draw on!:biggrin:
Reply 12
yikes__
just get a calander stick it on the wall and write up everything on that! its not like you would carry your planner everywhere with you anyways xx

Really?^o) I used to at school and I was under the impression that alot of ppl carried them around as organisers in their hand bags/luggage?
Pinelem
Oooh, where did you get your whiteboard from? Because I really want one to write and draw on!:biggrin:

I got mine from Tesco. It's A2 sized, so not too massive but big enough for many things.
I thought A2 huge.
I've already bought one lol. I like to be organised. :smile:
Reply 16
haha i'm pretty obsessed with my planner so i'll definitely be taking it with me! i'm sooo unorganised and forgetful and its really helped me keep track of my life since i got it. i also write down things i buy in it so then when i check my balance im not like "OMG WTF WHERES 100QUID GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT SOMEONE HAS CLONED MY CARDS AND IS STEALING MY MONEYS!!!11".... "oh yeh i spent it last week.. oops". it's a lot easier to stick to a budget when you record how much you've spent each day/week. and i used to always tell people i'd meet up/go to whatever party etc. etc. with them and then forget and arrange to do something else and i'd always end up letting people down at the last minute because of my forgetfulness so its good not to hve to do that anymore lol.
Reply 17
i would not have survived 6th form without my diary not just for school work for life and peoples birthdays etc etc ooh and payday and when phone bill was going out etc etc.

i went up to sheff the other week and bought a sheffield academic diary its almost in the same format a little smaller maybe but it will defo be used!
I bought one. I probably won't carry it around with me, but I'll leave it on the desk in my room to remind me of when stuff is I guess.
i've got one and i leave it open on my desk so that I never miss a lecture or tutorial or anything else important as I often forget at uni as I get distracted!

Its definitely worth it - especially for remembering your new friends birthdays!

Latest

Trending

Trending