Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone use Yahoo Answers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I gave up using Yahoo answers exactly 2 years ago and have not missed it!

I used it mostly for homework but also hobbies and had reached level 7.

I got fed up of trolls especially reporter trolls reporting perfectly innocent questions and answers for no reason at all and getting intimidating violation notices with appeals either rejected or appeal links missing.

The last straw was January 2015 when I posted a Q in polls and Surveys on whether people preferred BMX or Skateboarding, within 20 seconds my Q was reported, deleted and I got an official violation notice with 100 points deducted. I never swore or broke any rules. The appeal link didn't work and when it did my appeal was rejected.

It just ruined my enjoyment of using Yahoo answers not to mention risk of losing my entire yahoo account if I got too many violation notices as I don't want to loose my Flickr account or yahoo mail.

Yahoo knows reporter trolls are a big problem but does nothing about it. I have reported posts that are racist, hateful and even have told people how to abuse drugs but they never got removed despite me being a level 7 member. The place is full of trolls and cyber bullies who get away with it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I actually used Yahoo Answers before I made my way to TSR.

And I must say, it was a good decision :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    used it back in 2010-11 but then they stupidly changed the layout and it dont feel personal anymore. didnt use it for hw though, went mostly to polls and surveys where the bants happen

ReputationRep:
    used it to troll, lol

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.