Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Maybe swap Sociology for Spanish? Languages are really good A Levels to take. You also won't be set as many essays and will have a wider array of subject choices
    Thank you, if I was to swap one it probably would be sociology anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashwin20)
    From what I've heard politics is enjoyable but sociology is quite boring but quite easy however there is a lot of work. I did not even know you could do gov at A level.
    My sixth form doesn't offer only politics so that's why I'm taking the both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flawless_x)
    Well I fell like the subjects I have taken do offer different pathways, I have researched and it would be possible for when I go to uni after to do any degree I wanted because the uni I want go doesn't require the subjects at A level it just requires three grades in any subjects
    That's great then, I'd say go for it. You can always drop one if it gets too hard anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eman Khurram)
    That's great then, I'd say go for it. You can always drop one if it gets too hard anyway!
    Thanks 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    I took History, English Language, Classics and Sociology, and they're all essay based. The work load is hard, but the techniques and occasionally the content overlap, making it easier. At lot of my exam essays have a similar structure I can apply.
    I had never taken sociology before, and I took it thinking I'd drop it at the end of year 1, but it turned into my favourite subject and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flawless_x)
    I am thinking about taking these subjects:

- A level combined English
    - A level History.
    - A level government and politics.
    - A level sociology.

I was considering taking A level Spanish but not sure?

Thanks to anyone who replies!!
    It really depends on what you want to do and what you're interested in, also consider if/what course you'd want to study at university.

Maybe a STEM subject would be useful to create a balance between essay writing based skills and mathematical/statistical skills, but ultimately it depends on what you're happy to study and if it'll help you later on.
    But yes, these are good A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greysychology)
    It really depends on what you want to do and what you're interested in, also consider if/what course you'd want to study at university.

Maybe a STEM subject would be useful to create a balance between essay writing based skills and mathematical/statistical skills, but ultimately it depends on what you're happy to study and if it'll help you later on.
    But yes, these are good A-levels
    Thank you, I have been given an offer to do further maths along with my gcses that's why I wouldn't be taking maths at a level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    I do 4 essay based subjects. The workload is fine if you're dedicated. You can do it, it isn't that intense if they're subjects you enjoy. As for stem, if you have no interest in maths or science don't take it. There's no point taking something just because it looks good if it has no relevance. If you're looking to boost your subjects, you could consider taking English Literature instead of combined or Spanish instead of sociology. But your subjects are perfect if you're considering law really, do what you enjoy!!!
    Thank you so much!!😊😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.