The Student Room Group

why is my sibling eating takeaway every night?

Hi

can someone please try and help me understand this. he won't tell me so I'm asking here.

we have a gym in the garage and my brother uses it every evening but then he orders a takeaway every night? so he works out (not sure what exercises) never wants home food and orders out.

is this some sort of workout plan? like idek? doesn't eating a takeaway defeat the purpose of working out? I honestly don't know.

What is he doing to his body?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi

can someone please try and help me understand this. he won't tell me so I'm asking here.

we have a gym in the garage and my brother uses it every evening but then he orders a takeaway every night? so he works out (not sure what exercises) never wants home food and orders out.

is this some sort of workout plan? like idek? doesn't eating a takeaway defeat the purpose of working out? I honestly don't know.

Hes probs working out a lot to make up for the huge amount of calories he gets from takeaways, #priorities
Reply 2
Original post by MoonlightBoo
Hes probs working out a lot to make up for the huge amount of calories he gets from takeaways, #priorities

but ordering a takeaway every night really? there's deffo a problem with that and prob causing him major high cholesterol. he used to have healthy food all the time like salmon and veg and now he just eats a bunch of ****.
He's on that dreamer bulk.
Original post by MoonlightBoo

Workout loads and eat takeouts like a pig #CaloricLifeHacks
Hi

He is on a dirty bulk
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC

I've just searched this on urban dictionary to know what it means. He was committed to the gym before, going in at the same time every evening but tbh now he's using it less and less and just eating a bunch of **** all the time.
Reply 7
why dont you . just. ask. him.

we. cannot. read. his. mind.
Sounds idyllic to me. I would too if I could afford it.

I've visited a place called Fat Chicken 3 times in the past week, life is good :rofl:
I've just searched this on urban dictionary to know what it means. He was committed to the gym before, going in at the same time every evening but tbh now he's using it less and less and just eating a bunch of **** all the time.

Well, he's at least realised that training every day isn't necessary. You've given us very little detail so we can't provide much of an answer. Is he lifting weights? Is he currently skinny? I'm going to hazard a guess as to what's happening:

He wants to gain some muscle. He's read some "expert" saying that he needs to eat as much has humanly possible to gain muscle. One of four things are going to happen:

1) He makes mad gains, stays fairly lean, tolerates crap food well and in a year's time people are giving him all sorts of comments on his physique development, all the while staying healthy.
2) His health markers go to s*** from all the crap food.
3) He overbulks and gets fat.
4) A combination of 2 and 3.

He's not going to have a non-lifter giving him advice. You've just gotta let him crack on and learn from his own mistakes on this one. If I've misread the whole situation and he's not lifting, then I dunno WTF he's doing :rofl:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I've visited a place called Fat Chicken 3 times in the past week, life is good :rofl:

Made a new year's resolution to try and eat a bit cleaner for the sake of my health this year and see how it makes me feel. Caved in last night and had a Domino's :ashamed2:
Original post by Inexorably
why dont you . just. ask. him.

we. cannot. read. his. mind.

I. already. addressed. this. in. the. OP.

people. who. workout. and. have. an. idea. have. answered. helpfully.

if. you. don't. have. a. clue. don't. reply. to. my. thread.
Reply 13
Hi

Addicted to the takeaway life.
IIFYM, if you know you know
Made a new year's resolution to try and eat a bit cleaner for the sake of my health this year and see how it makes me feel. Caved in last night and had a Domino's :ashamed2:

I swear you made a thread not long ago saying you were leaving TSR forever? How comes you're back?
if that was me, my brother would take the food off me and feed me vegetables
Well, he's at least realised that training every day isn't necessary. You've given us very little detail so we can't provide much of an answer. Is he lifting weights? Is he currently skinny? I'm going to hazard a guess as to what's happening:

He wants to gain some muscle. He's read some "expert" saying that he needs to eat as much has humanly possible to gain muscle. One of four things are going to happen:

1) He makes mad gains, stays fairly lean, tolerates crap food well and in a year's time people are giving him all sorts of comments on his physique development, all the while staying healthy.
2) His health markers go to s*** from all the crap food.
3) He overbulks and gets fat.
4) A combination of 2 and 3.

He's not going to have a non-lifter giving him advice. You've just gotta let him crack on and learn from his own mistakes on this one. If I've misread the whole situation and he's not lifting, then I dunno WTF he's doing :rofl:

That's helpful thanks! I guess he's doing it to try and bulk up then. He's a medium build and has been using the gym for years and there's loads of dumbbells in there, plus a bench press and a vertical machine. Some other equipment I can't remember. Cheers.
I swear you made a thread not long ago saying you were leaving TSR forever? How comes you're back?

Why did you feel the need to go anon to ask that :rofl:
He came because he is addicted to TSR and isn't somone who has made mad gains. If he were doing well for himself, he would be spending more time in the gym rather than on TSR lol.

Just don't not get why so many ppl make threads declaring how TSR is dead and that they're leaving only to return shortly afterwards

Latest

Trending

Trending