Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am a student from Lithuania currently in a last year of school (12th grade). I will take national exams to receive "brandos atestatas" at the start of summer. Although I was quite sure I could apply to UCL now I'm quite puzzled because of the certain phrasing in their statement about requirements for my country. My doubts also stem from the fact that few years ago their requirements were a lot more strict: "To be eligible for consideration a student must have successfully completed at least one year of a bachelors (Bakalauras) degree programme at a recognised Lithuanian University."

And the current statement is:
    For general entry to undergraduate programmes at UCL we require a minimum of:Award of the Brandos Atestatas with a grade 9 overall with one state-examination subject passed at 90% and two further subjects passed at 85%, will be considered.Students who have not taken qualifications which are acceptable for direct entry to UCL will be considered if they have successfully completed a recognised international undergraduate foundation programme, including the UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificates.

Emphasis mine.
    So I was wondering if this means that I must already have the qualifications in question ( "brandos atestas" ) at the time of applying or is submitting my grades and then waiting for exam results is enough? I would really like to study at UCL but I don't want to waste my choice if I'm not qualified.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand completely, but I believe it means that UCL gives you some guidance with standard minimum grades you must take in the Brandos Atestas. If you haven't taken the exam yet, the'll give you a conditional offer (aka "you must take at least *this* grades in the exam in order to be accepted). Although it's common that conditional offers change that minimum grades, based on the rest of your application. I don't think that means they don't recognize that exam as admission qualification.
    Could you be more specific with which degree you're applying for?

To be sure, mail them ASAP, and figure out what to do. The deadline of 15th January is just around the corner.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.