Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I'm going to move to UK in mid-january but i have a problem with choosing right way. Im actually going to 2nd class of school with IT direction in Poland (which is kind of college, just school after secondary school) and want to move on to UK. My English isn't perfect. I will have to survive alone so my friend told me that the best way will be apprenticeship (because of learning and earning money). So i thought the best way could be Advanced Apprenticeship in IT sector. During that i want to apply to the open university on engineering degree. In future, i want to apply to Royal Air Force as a Pilot (yes, i know - i have to be at least 5 years on UK terrain) but there's a problem. Will it be possible to apply? Because RAF requires 2 A-Levels, after apprenticeship i will get 2 A-Levels equivalents (or maybe i'm wrong, if yes, correct me please). But.. then i was thinking and i thought going to college instead of apprenticeship will be better but how about earning money? And how many years college takes?

Sorry for my English and thanks for replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukassss)
    Hello. I'm going to move to UK in mid-january but i have a problem with choosing right way. Im actually going to 2nd class of school with IT direction in Poland (which is kind of college, just school after secondary school) and want to move on to UK. My English isn't perfect. I will have to survive alone so my friend told me that the best way will be apprenticeship (because of learning and earning money). So i thought the best way could be Advanced Apprenticeship in IT sector. During that i want to apply to the open university on engineering degree. In future, i want to apply to Royal Air Force as a Pilot (yes, i know - i have to be at least 5 years on UK terrain) but there's a problem. Will it be possible to apply? Because RAF requires 2 A-Levels, after apprenticeship i will get 2 A-Levels equivalents (or maybe i'm wrong, if yes, correct me please). But.. then i was thinking and i thought going to college instead of apprenticeship will be better but how about earning money? And how many years college takes?

Sorry for my English and thanks for replies.
    There is no guarantee that someone arriving from Poland with OK but not excellent English will be able to get a good apprenticeship. You would have to compete for one against other candidates who may be more appropriately qualified.
    It is very unlikely that you could arrive in January and get a place at a state college. A level Courses usually start in September and last for two years. It would be unusual for them to accept you so late in the academic year. Even the more practical college courses leading to BTEC level 3 qualifications would have far too much work for you to catch up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.