Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry about not having Biology, I know someone that got into Keele university without it, and they're currently on the degree course
    I do have to say, though, they did really struggle due to the feeling of being stupid due to the knowledge everyone else had from A Level Biology, so going over Biology A-Level in a gap year would be very beneficial, even if you don't get the actual A-Level (I'd actually suggest not going in for the A-Level in that scenario).

Definitely do get some work experience and volunteer work before you make the decision. Maybe both in law and medicine, so you can see if you still have that prior excitement for Law, you may even want to consider going into medical law? Also, work experience is completely vital, to see whether you actually like medicine, or whether it's medical sciences/chemistry/whatever you would like to go into. Your grades are fantastic, though, so you won't be disadvantaged.

So, just do your research into the universities, and which will actually accept you without Biology (as mentioned, Keele will, not sure about others) and make sure you apply to your strengths, also. Medicine is about getting in first, then preference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.