Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Is there anyone that can give me some insight into the MA Social Work Degree . How many days in uni are you and placement hours. I know placement is 70 days in first year and 100 in 2nd year. I would like to apply for September 2017 entry but as I have 2 kids wanted to know if it can be managed. Any Words of wisdom welcome. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mummymayhem)
    Hi. Is there anyone that can give me some insight into the MA Social Work Degree . How many days in uni are you and placement hours. I know placement is 70 days in first year and 100 in 2nd year. I would like to apply for September 2017 entry but as I have 2 kids wanted to know if it can be managed. Any Words of wisdom welcome. Thanks
    Your best bet is to ask whichever universities you want to go to about their timetables because they will all vary. However I'm doing MSc and there are a few parents in my class who are managing quite well with everything. We're in 2-3 days per week outside of placement times with the days being 10am-4pm but again that will vary between universities.

Also although we are only in 2-3 days each week we are expected to study on the days when we aren't in and you will need to do this as there is a lot to cover in the course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying to my question Sparkle2. Your timetable seems really childfriendly. I've applied to Middlesx University so will need to ask about to try and get an idea regards their timetable.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying to my question Sparkle2. Your timetable seems really childfriendly. I've applied to Middlesx University so will need to ask about to try and get an idea regards their timetable.
    I would also ask about the placements because I've just noticed you asked about that too. Our placements vary, some are standard 9-5 M-F and others are shift based but all are full time with a half or full day free per week for studying.

ReputationRep:
    Sparkle2 stupid question but how can I find out what their timetable is like? Not even sure if they know what their sep 2017 timetable will be.

ReputationRep:
    Sparkle2 stupid question but how can I find out what their timetable is like? Not even sure if they know what their sep 2017 timetable will be.
    Phone them and speak to someone who deals with the course. It' what I did when I was looking into mine. They won't have a timetable for next September yet but they may be able to give you info about the past few months which while not necessarily the same, should give you an idea of what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. You've been a great help. I'll call the uni tomorrow and hopefully be able to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkle2)
    Phone them and speak to someone who deals with the course. It' what I did when I was looking into mine. They won't have a timetable for next September yet but they may be able to give you info about the past few months which while not necessarily the same, should give you an idea of what to expect.
    Hello is it possible to get childcare if you are studying full time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.